Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 04:26:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't use telephone  (Read 3721 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mizmudgie
Site Santa!

Yes...I bite.

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2008, 09:59:24 pm »

I have one house where the sims cannot use the telephone.  Other houses the phone works fine.  Any ideas?

If you want respect...SHOW RESPECT!!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 10:06:27 pm »

With FT, I had a lot of problems with the phone unusable.  For some reason, the phone controller will become corrupted.  I've sold all the phones, to include cell phones, then bought them again.  The phone controller is destroyed where there's no phones on the lot, then is created again once a phone is placed.

Phone worked again.
mizmudgie
Site Santa!

Yes...I bite.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 02:33:54 am »

I will give that a try, I have added new phones and tried them but not gotten rid of them all and started again.  Thanks much.

mizmudgie
Site Santa!

Yes...I bite.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 01:52:40 am »

Well, that didn't work.  I wound up moving them into the bin destroying the house and rebuilding it.  It is fine now. Weird.

slim_lubbz_sims

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 08:34:46 pm »

i HAVE A SIMULAR PROBLEM I CANT U IT AT ALL IN ANY HOUSEHOLD! I NEVER TRYED DESTROYIN MY LOTS BUT I MIGHT HAVE TO TRY IT
mizmudgie
Site Santa!

Yes...I bite.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 09:03:27 pm »

Before you do it, try removing all phones from the house, save and exit the game, go to the My Documents/EA/Sims2 folder and delete the cashe and accessory's files.  Then start the game and go back to that house and add the phones.  
If it doesn't work then put the stuff you bought for those sims into their rewards and move them to the bin and destroy the house and rebuild it or move them to another house.
I didn't try deleting the files from the Sims folder, I just removed the phones, exited and put the phones back...it didn't work.

slim_lubbz_sims

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 12:32:27 pm »

i FIX3D IT I THINK I HAD AN OLD OUTDATED HACK OR MOD CAN REMBER ON THERE IS GON3 NO THO! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: