Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 06:05:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: flooded basements  (Read 1903 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
NCeddie51Sim

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2008, 11:48:34 am »

I have many lots with basements.  Since installing AL, all of my basements are now "flooded."  Fortunately my sims are sort of dimwitted and don't know they are wading around in chest-deep water! Also, in neighborhood view, these lots show a lot of "sand" radiating out from them.
the only way I have worked around this is to build a duplicate of the basement room on a new upper floor of the house, (so I can remember how it is arranged), then demolish the basement room, and relevel the terrain.  Then exit lot, re-enter and rebuild the basements, which then work fine-- no flooding.  And the "sand" disappears in neighborhood view.  What a lot of work though!  I wonder if Maxis can ever release a new pack that is bug-free from the get-go?  Pre-release, they should hire a dozen simmers to test these lots-- Maxis people must not know how to really play through the game!  Seems all of us "ordinary players" are the ones to easily find all the bugs-- after official release!

If you haven't got anything nice to say— come, sit by me!
.........................................................................—Alice Roosevelt Longworth
Maria Svensson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 10:17:45 am »

I had this problembefore AL, but in the pre-made roller-skate community lot from Seasons, I think it has to do with if you have a beach-neighbourhood then the waterlevel is higher. And since BV I like to have beaches all around, so I had to rebuild the rollerskate-lot every time, it sucks I know. Bye for now, MiaH

Life happends, and we try to struggle along, never give up, cause life is worth living!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: