Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 11:21:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Edition addon (for creators/modders) *UPDATED to v1.1*  (Read 25529 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nobody7382

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2008, 03:34:33 pm »

2thumb Game Edition addon (for creators/modders)

* Requires     : The Sims 2 (base game)
* Compatibility: The Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open For Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Store Edition, FreeTime, Apartment Life, Mansion & Garden Stuff, all Stuff Packs
* Modifications: Global (but needs to be specifically called by a modder)
* Hack Version#: 1.1

Update ( 04/08/2009 )
~~~~~~
- Introduces compatibility with Mansion & Garden Stuff Pack and hopefully any future EPs/SPs without needing a new 1.2 version (ver 1.0 only works up to AL)
- Using advanced mathematics invented by the Klaxxon Empire, optimizes EP/SP detection code to use less CPU cycles (meaning it runs faster now!)

Quick Info
~~~~~~~~~~
* Since some people are not reviewing my README file before installing the addon, I'll make this clear upfront.  Do not install any test files from the embedded RAR archives unless you are planning on making your own hacks.  Those 2 files make messages scroll down your screen every time you move the mouse over a sink.  They are only for testing hacks that you make yourself.

EP = Expansion Pack (usually new game code + objects)
SP = Stuff Pack (usually just new objects)

This is simply a tool that allows all of my hacks to be backward compatible with all or most editions of The Sims 2, from the original base game of 2004, up through the latest Expansion Packs: such as FreeTime / Apartment Life / Mansion & Garden Stuff.  It adds global BHAV routines that permit any hack from any author to check which EPs/SPs are installed upon the player's computer.

Any functions that already come with the game are either broken or sorely lacking in functionality.  So I coded my own routines to do the job properly!

Effects
~~~~~~~
This addon is the end result of my desire for 100% accuracy in determining which game engines are installed with the minimum amount of CPU processing power spent executing the checks, all accessible globally from any hack.  That is the main reason for this addon.  Plus, the global routine "Expansion Pack - EP(param) Installed?" that comes with University and higher is not a proper solution to this issue because it does not take into account the base game, returning false positives for many EP checks.  In addition, it crashes when checking for "Apartment Life" on older EPs.

* Check out the readme.txt file for more information.

* game_edition.jpg (61.43 KB, 400x250 - viewed 4242 times.)
* df_game_edition_addon_1.1.rar (8.87 KB - downloaded 1822 times.)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 12:41:22 am by nobody7382 » Logged
MoronStyle7

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 11:21:24 pm »

Cool! wait... what?
the evil writer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 11:27:12 pm »

So...what are the effects of what you've listed as "Effects"? My wild guess as to why we'd find this is useful is that it might speed up load time. Am I close?

Download some   Toddler Fashions (other stuff too, but toddler stuff sticks to the exchange best)
nobody7382

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 07:25:53 am »

No it does not speed up the game load time. The readme file explains more of what it does. It is just a means to detect which expansion packs or stuff packs are installed. My other hacks use this thing as an addon.
sleighill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 11:27:20 pm »

To kuel...thanks...I'll try it out.

Those who judge others...do so to mask their own insecurities.
matze

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 11:51:36 pm »

Thank you. Hve to try out.

Live your dreams, before it's too late.
blondecrystal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 09:13:16 am »

Thanks
y2krobie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 12:00:51 pm »

thanks Smiley

hawnsimmer
ilysvdmmr
Site Santa!

Smile!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 01:01:16 pm »

Thank You!!

Live Laugh Love
silkesabrina

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 07:33:27 am »

Thank you, I'll try it.
Hobby01

View Profile
:)
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 08:07:36 am »

Are these files placed in Downloads Folder? And are the rar files within the rar files needing to be extracted?

I am a total Noobcologist when it comes to these things.
nobody7382

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 10:17:19 am »

Quote from: Hobby01;1410089
Are these files placed in Downloads Folder? And are the rar files within the rar files needing to be extracted?

I am a total Noobcologist when it comes to these things.

You can put the file in Downloads, but you do not need to extract the 2 test archives.
TizRus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 12:25:37 pm »

Thanks
nobody7382

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 12:44:57 am »

Version 1.1 is now available.  Previous version (downloaded 847 times) could not detect M&G Stuff Pack, unless Apartment Life was also installed along with it.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 05:45:10 pm »

Is there a way to add an option to disable the popup messages every time the mouse hovers over the sink when I need to direct the Sim to wash the baby, get a drink from or wash dishes in the sink? It does become slightly annoying when the mouse hovers over the sink, and the dialog messages popped up more than once.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: