Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 04:33:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: No watchout for driverless vehicle and no shuffling *UPDATED to v1.2*  (Read 6767 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nobody7382

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2008, 03:55:40 pm »

OMG  No watchout for driverless vehicle and no shuffling

* Requires     : Nightlife or Bon Voyage or Store Edition or FreeTime or Apartment Life
* Compatibility: Nightlife, Open For Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, FreeTime, Apartment Life, & all Stuff Packs
* Modifications: Semi-Global (affects all ownable vehicles)
* Hack Version#: 1.2

Update ( 10/14/2008 )
~~~~~~
- Now requires my Game Edition addon to fix compatibility with IKEA Stuff Pack
- Fully fixes previous 1.0/1.1 issue of Sims complaining that something is blocking their path, possibly becoming trapped in place unable to move

Quick Info
~~~~~~~~~~
* You must also download the following addon for this hack to work correctly:

df_game_edition_addon.package
  http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=94482

"Watchout!" - exclaims one of your Sims, directed at a non-moving vehicle with no driver.  "OMG!!!  It's going to run me over!"

Well obviously not, when there is no driver while the vehicle is parked and not even moving.  This hack stops pointless "Watchout!" interactions, similar to the antiwatchout hack from MATY.  While that hack conflicts with my "Vehicles cost money to drive" hack, this one does not.  You should also read about the problems with the MATY hack in the Known Conflicts section.

The second part of the hack is the "no shuffling" fix.  The Watchout and Shuffling issues are intertwined, so I fixed them both in the same hack file.  This second part is related to Sims shuffling around endlessly when trying to get into a vehicle.  It stops the problem from ever happening.

This hack does not alter taxi behavior; only ownable vehicles are affected.

* Check out the readme.txt file for more information.

* df_no_watchout_for_driverless_vehicle_and_no_shuffling_1.2.rar (5.43 KB - downloaded 243 times.)

* no_watchout_for_driverless_vehicle.jpg (78.63 KB, 780x533 - viewed 812 times.)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 05:47:14 am by nobody7382 » Logged
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 09:12:13 pm »

What "known confilcts section" at MATY? I can't find it, but I'd like to be informed before I choose whose hack to take.
nobody7382

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 10:11:34 pm »

it is all explained in the readme.txt file of my hack right here. MATY hack is broken.
aborym

Black Metal War Machine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 02:13:19 am »

thanks

The Deathship Has A New   Captain:evil5:
pureheart

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 09:16:19 am »

Thank you! Great hacks.
YANFRForm

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 09:43:40 am »

Cool, thanks!
Menaceman44

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 10:37:10 am »

Cheers! I was unaware of the problems with the MATY version which I still use. I also haven't tried the helicopter in my game yet.
I hope I have understood what this file does correctly as sometimes in my game I will tell a Sim to use their car and instead of getting straight in, the Sim will walk up to the car, complain it is in the way, walk off the drive and then walk back to the car to get in. This doesn't happen though if the car has an alarm installed.
Should the shuffle portion of this file fix that?

I have more creations and fixes available in my profile at MTS.
nobody7382

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 12:58:05 pm »

Yes Menaceman44.
The hack should stop the Sim from ever complaining about the car being in his/her way and stop the Sim from walking off the driveway and back on to get in. It should always work too, regardless of if an alarm is installed or not. And yep the shuffle part is what is fixing most of the stuff you described.
Psychosim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 02:39:19 pm »

Thanks! I've noticed this just recently, seemed to come out of nowhere since I didn't had a new EP installed or sth....

My home place: Sims 2 Plaza
Proud recolorist of Ribots simlish cars: RibotLabsIncorp. :happy8:
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 07:14:46 pm »

Quote from: nobody7382;1390242
it is all explained in the readme.txt file of my hack right here. MATY hack is broken.
Now I see. Thanks!
y2krobie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 10:57:22 pm »

Very nice. thanks.

Menaceman44

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2008, 03:13:47 pm »

I'm not sure but I may have discovered a problem with this.
I've only had a Sim with a garage use his car once since installing this but when he returned home from work he couldn't leave the driveway. The door he was aiming for (the only one) was on the opposite side of the garage and he kept complaining that the car was in the way. I told him to perform yoga to see if he would walk away from the car but he just changed clothes and continued to stand there. He started complaining again after I told him to go somewhere again, even within the garage.
I'll report back again if needed when I've played some more.

nobody7382

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 10:56:21 pm »

There is a new version that fixes the problem Menaceman44 reported.
It took a long time because I needed to test the hack thoroughly to make sure there weren't any more problems hiding.

And if anyone has Sims that are still stuck from the old 1.0 version, you can just pick up the vehicle in buy mode and then hit Escape. This will unstick the Sim.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 11:08:25 pm by nobody7382 » Logged
Menaceman44

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 02:10:41 pm »

Cheers for the update.

Menaceman44

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 10:29:39 am »

I'm sorry to have to post again but it seems that the problem is still present in the updated version. I still have Sims who own the Yomoshoto that cannot leave the driveway. I haven't tried with the other cars again yet.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: