Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:43:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AL: Sim-intrusion and critical bug  (Read 3389 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
LunaJupi

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2008, 07:14:57 pm »

I have two requests, one is important I think...

1: Is there any way to stop sims from randomly intruding on apartment lots? For example, other sims living in the trailer park will come in my sim's trailer whenever they feel like it. Is there any way to make them do the standard thing and ring the doorbell, so they have to wait for my sim to greet them before they enter?

2. (EDIT! Nevermind, I think JM Pescado fixed this. But I would like to see the problem above dealt with, it's REALLY annoying!)

Thanks so much!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 10:24:41 pm by LunaJupi » Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 10:36:52 pm »

Have you locked the door to only allow guests?

If you have a question about my mods post it here
LunaJupi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 12:02:21 pm »

Quote from: Squinge;1390269
Have you locked the door to only allow guests?

I only get these options...
-Allow/Disallow Only Me
-Allow/Disallow Pets
-Allow/Disallow Lot Visitors
-Allow/Disallow All Sims
-Allow/Disallow Household only
-Allow/Disallow Roommates

Right now I have it set to "allow household only", but it's really annoying having to turn it on and off all the time when I invite guests over. I don't know what the "lot visitors" option is, but turning it on/off doesn't stop the other apartment sims from intruding in my apartment. Also, there seems to be a bug. Sometimes when I have it set to "allow household only", my roommate cannot get in. They stand there with a bubble that says the door is locked, but once in a while, they can go through. Weird.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 01:10:41 pm »

Just my 2 cents, but whatever the default setting is for the door has kept other tenants out and allowed guests to come in.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 01:48:32 pm »

There is one other thing to keep in mind too.

If the unit on the apartment lot has more than 1 door going into the unit, then other Sims -will- go in that way. If the unit only has 1 door going into the unit, then other Sims -cannot- go in through that 1 door. The settings for the 1 door for each unit on the lot are set at default to keep out uninvited Sims. The only way they come in is if someone from the family already invited the Sim into the unit.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 02:11:04 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1390980
but whatever the default setting is for the door has kept other tenants out and allowed guests to come in.
Same for me I forget what that setting is, lol

If you have a question about my mods post it here
LunaJupi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 03:13:58 pm »

As for the "default" setting, it's not working for me. Other tenants come into my sim's apartment regardless, no matter what I do. I'm playing the trailer park in Belladonna Cove and the Townhouses, and it happens in both. There is only one door into my sim's unit.

It's like in FreeTime, when those "enthusiasm" sims would just barge into your house whenever. That's annoying too. Any way to at least fix that? (Seems that the door option "disallow lot visitors" keeps them away, but that's only available for apartments and not for houses.)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 03:16:00 pm by LunaJupi » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: