Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 01:08:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't wash dogs , can't use expensive telescope, & Butler burns food  (Read 3899 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Wembeley

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2008, 07:42:06 pm »

Can't Wash Dogs
I don't know if this is just from Apartment Life cuz I haven't played any families with pets for a while but I even deleted all content that I had installed in the last week but still can't wash dogs. The sims start to go through the motions and then suddenly the option is no longer in their queue.

Can't use expensive telescope
since installing Apartment Life my sims go to use the telescope and then stand up straight as if they can't access the telescope. It's not a custom content telescope just the regular one that comes with the game. The cheap telescope still works so what I've had to do is when a sim "wants" to buy an expensive telescope I just buy it and put it somewhere they can't get near it and use the cheap one to stargaze but it's annoying.

Butler burns food
I have a couple of houses where the butler always burns the food. They all have the best fridges and stoves and the fire alarm but that doesn't seem to help. I was thinking maybe I should fire him and hire a new butler maybe? Anyone else have this happen?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 09:19:14 pm by Squinge » Logged
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 07:46:46 pm »

I merge all your threads together.

Please in the future list all of your problems in one thread instead of triple posting.

thank you

Your problems might be caused by outdated mods or old cc objects that are not AL compatible, make sure all the ones you have are AL compatible and remove any that you are unsure about.  You can also delete your groups.cache file located in the sims 2 folder, it might help.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 07:48:52 pm by MissDoh » Logged
Wembeley

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 11:26:04 pm »

Quote from: MissDoh;1390053
I merge all your threads together.

Please in the future list all of your problems in one thread instead of triple posting.

thank you.

Well, now the title to the thread only addresses one of my issues and if I was reading threads I'd only want to read the ones I was interested in, not a bunch of problems all in one but hey your call, I'm sure I'll figure it out on my own eventually.
MoronStyle7

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 12:00:11 am »

I think the unwashable dog is because of the Toy Dog that came with AL.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 08:51:48 pm »

Quote from: Wembeley;1393487
Well, now the title to the thread only addresses one of my issues and if I was reading threads I'd only want to read the ones I was interested in, not a bunch of problems all in one but hey your call, I'm sure I'll figure it out on my own eventually.

Click on edit and then go in advanced mode (button at the bottom of the main post) and just change the title to whatever you wish.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 09:20:08 pm »

Quote from: Wembeley;1393487
Well, now the title to the thread only addresses one of my issues.
I fixed it for you, if you don't like it feel free to edit it.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Wembeley

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 06:06:32 pm »

Thanks for changing the title.  This game can be so frustrating when it doesn't work properly and I was just so annoyed that day and took it out on the first person available.  I appreciate all the help on this board, I've gotten the most help here than any other place. I've got new problems but will post them in a different thread Smiley
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 06:11:44 pm »

Your welcome Smiley

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Wembeley

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 05:38:14 am »

Quote from: Squinge;1394635
I fixed it for you, if you don't like it feel free to edit it.

Thanks for fixing it and now I know how to do it myself if needed.
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 10:40:08 pm »

I have a similar issue about the telescope it isn't that my sims can't use it, it is just not in buy mode at all neither the cheap nor expensive? I know they are in knowledge but they aren't there on my game! It has only happened since apartment life and a telescope is easier to use than a chess board for logic!

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: