Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:31:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you?  (Read 5379 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
vickylougrl

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2008, 10:42:02 pm »

Create a link for your chapters?  So that people can go to first post and click whatever chapter they want to read?

Sorry, I am doofus never figured out how to do that.

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 10:51:35 pm »

you mean, something like this?http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=94546

That's a link to this thread.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 11:08:27 pm »

you copy the entire link in the link window (where you write in HTML addresses). Then press the icon of the earth with a link on it (same line as the B I U) - hovertext says "insert link"). You will get up a new window where you can write in text, and when you click OK, the link window will pop up. Paste in the copied link (make sure the http:// comes only one time, or the link will not work). If you mark the text you want to be a link instead, the link window will usually pop up first when you press the "insert link" icon.

the link will look like this afterwards (with the proper text and link instead of the bold text, and without the space between (without the space, it would've looked like a normal link, so I had to put space between the words for it to show properly):

[ URL=      link     ]   text   [/URL ]

the two below are just to show how it looks like in the type window (without the spaces), and how it looks like in the finished post

[ URL=http: //www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=94546]like this Smiley[/URL ]

like this Smiley
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 11:21:25 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 11:20:49 pm »

thanks guys I'm off to practice!

EK I mean like on the bottom of theravens post where her links are...where it says like Anna diary.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 11:23:45 pm by vickylougrl » Logged

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 11:41:56 pm »

ugh...doesn't work for me not sure why.  Followed instructions step by step.
when I click insert link button it doesn't give me the option to type in text it just gives me the option to paste addy.

Coptic Text

AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 09:30:50 am »

You could also type your text first, than select that text, and than insert a link using the earthglobe-thingy. Works the same way. Smiley

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 10:26:13 am »

Hmm..Ok lemme try that then.
click here
ok this soppose to be link to story section lemme see if that worked.

OMG!  I did it!

Thank you so much!  I was really starting to feel like such a dummy!  I tried so many step by step instructions and it would never work.
OK I have a story to organize!
Thanks again!
Albino specially thanks that worked very easily.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 10:28:43 am by vickylougrl » Logged

Coptic Text

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 03:57:58 pm »

and for getting it in your signature - just go to user control panel --> edit signature (the option is under quick links too Smiley)

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: