Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:58:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apartment help...  (Read 3075 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tarius16

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2008, 11:55:27 pm »

I just made my first apartment took me a little over 2 days, when I was finished and changed the lot zoning I noticed it said that an appartment was incomplete or something like that. I paid it no mind cause I looked at all of them and they all looked the same, I moved a family into the appartment and when I tried to place furniture into the apartment I was getting the out of bound message. I am only able to place stuff in the entrance of the apartment, I moved the family out went in and I was able to place furniture again, but when I moved the family back in I wasn't able to.

Can some one plz tell me where I went wrong and how I can corret it?!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 12:06:48 am »

If you used the floor strips from Pets, take them out.  Notice they are classified as fences, even though you can walk over them.  As fences, they will effect the size of the apartment with everything away from the door being "out of bounds".
tarius16

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 12:11:51 am »

No I didn't, I really dont know whats wrong with it, I moved them into another apartment and the same thing happend. I even tried the move objects cheat and the same thing happend.
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 06:03:24 am »

Is the door backwards? the floor mat belongs OUTSIDE the apartment.
tarius16

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 01:21:17 pm »

No all my doors are right, however I was thinkin it might be because I used a cc arch to open but all the rooms for the entrance. I`m going to move my family out re-zone the buildin remove them and just open out the wall and see if that will work. *crosses fingers*

ahhh... how do I change it back from an apartment again!??
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 01:38:48 pm by tarius16 » Logged
Michele

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 10:35:32 am »

try "changelotzoning residential" and hope it works.
Do this from the apartment base, meaning move any sims living there out of the building, before trrying this.

It is recommended saving the base into the bin or exporting it to a file before converting to apartments.Saving to a file keeps you a copy you can restore from outside the game.
tarius16

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 10:44:25 pm »

yay :-P I did it... I had to take down thoes walls from all the apartments and then I re-zoned it, I didn't get that message either Cheesy...

Thankx to all the ppl that helped me in my time of need... u will not be fogotten... lol
wanturs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 05:27:34 pm »

i wish i could do it lol
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: