Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 02:48:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone else having weird issues with Clean Installer?  (Read 1875 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
girlboheme

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2008, 01:36:49 pm »

I'm having major issues with custom content and using the clean installer.  I just got a new computer, and I just installed all EPs.  However, I've been having this issue since before the new computer and prior to having all the EP's so I wasnt' sure what the cause of the problem was.

I am pretty anal about the meshes, and I usually manage to confirm that I have the meshes using Delphys...and delete those that I don't have meshes for...

This weekend I installed all the games on my new computer and when I couldn't locate the clean installer, I tried the Maxis installer.  Well, I didn't really think twice about how beautiful my downloaded stuff suddenly looked until I decided to download clean installer and install more (the Maxis one is really slow for me).  Well, suddenly all the stuff was messed up.  Things were actually CHANGING in my game.  Floors disappeared, weird Korean instruments were hanging in midair....

Have others been having issues like this?  Or is something else causing all the weird things to happen?  Because it seriously seems like clean installer just doesn't download everything or something.  New stuff is really messed up if it's not maxis content and, like I said, things have even started missing in game where they had previously been.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  I am at work, but can provide pics when I get home if needed.

I just want things to be pretty, I tell ya.  And I've been trying to see if I can find this issue and I've read the wiki and those aren't issues that I'm having, really.  Things aren't blue.  My custom content is turned on...I have it in all the correct folders....:sad4:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 01:42:59 pm by girlboheme » Logged
Jake Lucas
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 02:25:19 pm »

Awww I am sorry your game is acting strange, honestly all I can suggest is you try looking for the things again (if you need help finding things I will try to help you) then uninstall the game (as much of a pain in the butt that is) and reinstalling again, then using Clean Installer, cos maybe the conflict of using two programs may have buggered it up (excuse my terms, I am British Tongue)

:angel: B good but if u can't b good at least b good at it  :evil2:
girlboheme

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 03:07:02 pm »

Well, I don't have all that much (erm, if you call 12,000 bloody downloads 'not all that much', lol) but I don't have a ton of lots, I guess I could just start over on them.  I'm just not sure what to do.  Because i have seen how beautifully the maxis installer works and am becoming a little afraid of that clean installer.  I guess I could uninstall the maxis one and see how that works....

Could it also be a hack that isn't compatible with AL?  I have started over on my hacks, but sadly, I have a few VERY important ones that didn't say that they had any other more recent versions.  I only kept about 10 of those, though.  Like, CrammyBoys Penis hack is kind of important *coughs* (Hey, I like realism) and other stuff that seemed to work fine with Freetime.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 05:13:48 pm »

I'm not sure if Sims 2 Pack Clean Installer affects anything related in your game... it just either installs or disables any listed custom content.  You might want to try re-installing your custom content like suggested, and search for any duplicate files in your Downloads folder.  There's a pretty good chance you installed either duplicates, old files, or rogue hacks that are causing the issues you've mentioned.  

Be on the lookout for anything out of the ordinary... mainly 24/32 character-long file names with all letters and numbers, which usually signifies a hack unless otherwise noted in CI or DDO.  If you were using the regular maxis installer, you may have a good number of those floating around somewhere in your downloads folder.  :angel:

Michele

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 09:10:43 am »

I've been placing CC into subfolders which are named to identify what the content is for. It makes finding problem files a bit easier, and removal of unneeded material a snap.

I only allow the house materials to go one folder deep for each house.
I remember probs with it not showing for those when I tried a deeper heirarchy.

I hated slogging through all the greeked names in past trying to find something.

Never had problems with Clean Installer itself. (Crosses fingers for good luck)
Good luck to you.
girlboheme

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 10:30:04 am »

Thanks Cheesy  I think I'm going to sort of start over and redo my neigborhood.  However, I do have all of my custom content in separate folders (I learned that the first few weeks after having to start over on my custom content, lol, I keep starting over on this game)...I will try to do shallow hierarchical folders for the houses, though, that might help.  

I also think that I may be uploading files incorrectly through clean installer.  And if that is the case then I'll feel like a real idiot :rabbit: Hahhahahahaa.  I just got to work so I'll take a look at it when I get home and see if I can figure more of it out.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 10:32:25 am by girlboheme » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: