Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 07:53:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few body shop questions  (Read 1347 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Kaloo

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2008, 02:53:28 am »

Hey all,

I just reinstalled The Sims after more than a year of not playing, and have been busy re-downloading a bunch of custom content I used to love.

Now, I am trying to neaten up what I've downloaded, and I'm having some issues - first of all, some of the clothing/meshes I've downloaded show up in body shop as bodies with plain white where the clothing should be. I know the clothing works, because often the regular (normal non-white clothing version) is right next to it. Why is it showing up in body shop like that? It only happens with some of the clothing. Is it safe to delete the white version in body shop, or will I actually be deleting the whole mesh?

Secondly, other downloaded clothing annoys me because it shows up in places it shouldn't. Some swimwear I've downloaded, for example, show up under *every* category. Is there a way to edit them so that they only show up under swimwear?

Lastly, there are some Maxis clothing items and hairs that are SO ugly, I don't think I will ever use them....and now that I have a few stuff packs, it just adds to the useless clutter. Is there any way to delete Maxis-made items without screwing up my game?

As you can see, I hate clutter Smiley Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks Cheesy
eefje00704

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 03:15:40 am »

The white and sometimes other coloured clothes are textures or alpha's or something, I think they're only needed for recolourers. Anyways, they're safe to remove.
I know there are some mods around that hide ugly maxis hair and clothes at mts2 and probably here too.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 08:20:05 am »

As for clothing showing up under every category... something that the creators of those clothes probably did for kicks.  :lol:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: