Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 11:06:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Overcharging maid  (Read 2218 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Traska

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2008, 07:20:15 am »

Okay, normally a maid charges you $10 per day, with a $15 per hour charge.  Not too bad, and she's worth it.  Well, they've unionized in my game obviously... because my maids now charge $50 per day and $90 per hour!

I'm about to start looking for illegal immigrants if this keeps up.  The *butler* is cheaper if the maid stays 3+ hours.  Has anyone else ticked off Housekeeper's Local #421, or is it just me?
Michele

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 09:43:08 am »

I was using Servo in past to avoid the maids/nannies.
The Spectral Assistant is also great for cleanup.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 07:20:36 pm »

You might have ended up with a mod modifying that without knowing it.   It can happen when you install lots.

You can use the Clean installer from MTS2 to check what mods you have and any mods/objects that are not identify with a clear name but have instead weird letters and numbers you should delete.
Traska

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 03:12:19 pm »

I moved (not deleted) 234 items from my game that have the weird alphanumeric spew names, every item still in my download directory has at least a recognizable word within.  Still charging that much.  And, I decided to check... the gardener charges me $25 per day and $60 per hour!
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 08:48:15 pm »

Any of the identify mods have a name related to that behavior?  

The best for now would be to totally remove your downloads folder, not just disable it and see if you are still paying more, if without any cc it is not, one of the things in there is responsible, you will have to manually isolate it if no mods have a clear name to lead you.
Traska

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 11:30:52 am »

Oh my.

My my my.

I did a stupid, stupid thing.  A stare you in the face, bleeding obvious, so blindingly obvious that you feel the need to slap your own brain into waking up stupid.

Spent days turning my downloads directory inside out.  Thousands of files, it gets tedious.  But I finally narrowed it down, and all is well.  At one point, I downloaded a mod, put it in, and promtly forgot about it until a week later, when I got back into the game enough to start hiring maids again.  The mod was called, no joke, expensivenpcs.package... that's right, Sherlock here had a sever PEBKAC and didn't see the mod clearly labeled with its actual function.

::Sigh::

Case closed, and hey... who knows, maybe there's someone as foolish as me who got themself into the same situation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: