Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 01:50:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Placing Cars  (Read 3500 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2008, 03:46:18 pm »

I understand that objects belonging to the renter can only placed inside their apartment. Although, I want my sims to use the car for work. Is there a cheat to make the driveway acknowledgable that it's part of the house or do I have place the car before they move into a furnished lot?

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 08:32:16 pm »

If you attache the garage to the apartment, and have a door from there into the apartment. Or you can place cars before you re-zone and sims can change owner and use them as thier own, even though they are technically community property.
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 09:37:42 am »

Thank you DarkAmaranth, much appreciated.

animeluver

~ninja kitty~

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 08:42:30 pm »

so the garage has to be attached to the apartment to work? i tried putting a car in the garage i built before i rezoned it and the game deleted it.

Fool me once shame on me. Fool me twice I'll make u wish u hadn't.
K_O

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 08:26:19 pm »

The game deleted the car when I tried placing it before rezoning also. Does the garage have to be connected with an "interrior" door? I had all kinds of trouble with attaching the garage until I used what I think was the "Justa door" that came with the game.
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 02:41:53 pm »

Quote from: animeluver;1395728
so the garage has to be attached to the apartment to work? i tried putting a car in the garage i built before i rezoned it and the game deleted it.

The car works just like furniture for apartments. If you want them to stay when you decide to rent, you can use Carrigon's AL door hack from Sims2workshop.

VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 08:46:17 pm »

I just made an experimental apartment building with driveways and it worked out pretty good.  I was able to add a car before changing the zoning and rent furnished and the car was there and usable, and I could also add a car after renting the apartment and use it.
I plan on making a new apartment building with a little more style and function (basement garages) and posting it.  I can make a tutorial as I go and post that if anyone is interrested.

Check out my HubPages for useful computer tutorials.  [link under wolfie]
marilynj72

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 01:45:17 pm »

I am very interested in a tutorial as I am having a hard time just getting my garage to work in the game. I've made my garage so that it only has an entrance into the apartment and it's still not working for me. Is there something I''m forgetting or not knowing to do?
I would also love to know how to be able to use just a driveway for the apartment instead of a garage. Any help would be helpful! Thanks.

Quote from: VampyrMuffinMan;1398860
I just made an experimental apartment building with driveways and it worked out pretty good.  I was able to add a car before changing the zoning and rent furnished and the car was there and usable, and I could also add a car after renting the apartment and use it.
I plan on making a new apartment building with a little more style and function (basement garages) and posting it.  I can make a tutorial as I go and post that if anyone is interrested.
VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 10:14:57 pm »

Well, the trick for a garage at least is to put the garage door outside the closed apartment space.  I'm sure the same applies for just a driveway.  I liberally use 'The Great Divide' to seperate rental areas from common areas since I don't like to use custom content for building.  I'm just posting a revision to 'New Homestead' which is the apartment lot with individual garages I indicated above.  I also have another apartment here [http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=96241]   I will post the tutorial tomorrow, probably.

Check out my HubPages for useful computer tutorials.  [link under wolfie]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: