Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:23:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cooking uses money instead of food points *UPDATED to v1.2*  (Read 6607 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nobody7382

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2008, 03:54:11 pm »

WTF  Cooking uses money instead of food points

* Requires     : The Sims 2 (base game)
* Compatibility: The Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open For Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Store Edition, FreeTime, Apartment Life, Mansion & Garden Stuff, all Stuff Packs
* Modifications: Semi-Global (affects all refrigerators)
* Hack Version#: 1.2

Update ( 06/07/2009 )
~~~~~~
- Adds 1 new option to customize the hack for communal areas of apartment lots
- Fixes issue of grocery restocking when more than 1 fridge exists on the lot.  Other fridges would get 0 food points added.  Now they get filled up with the correct amount of groceries that you purchased.
- Fixes a bug on Apartment Life or higher only, whereby non-apartment lots were always charging the person who took the food (instead of charging the family that owned the lot like the hack was supposed to do)
- Adds a new function named "CT - Say Goodbye" which is used to test whether or not this hack is installed

Quick Info
~~~~~~~~~~
* You must also download the following addons for this hack to work correctly:

df_game_edition_addon.package
  http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=94482

df_globals_pack.package (version 1.1 or higher)
  http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=94483

In lieu of using food points (groceries), each meal prepared will instead cost money.  This occurs on all types of lots (residential, business, community).

The game actually does this behavior already even without a hack, under certain circumstances.  Such as?  When no apartments have their own private fridges, meaning the only fridges in the apartment building are in the shared communal areas.  And also on all community lots that contain a refrigerator.  It may even charge money to the owner on a business lot for employees that are preparing meals to sell.

But now with this cool hack, that behavior occurs everywhere, every time.  And yes, your money will go into the negative if your Sim lacks the Simoleons (but only on residential lots).  Consider the situation to be that you paid in advance with a credit card.

Even though the hack does run on the Base Game of 2004, it can not allow the budget to go negative.  So if your family runs out of money on the Base Game, then they will get free food from the fridge.

* Check out the readme.txt file for more information.

* cooking_uses_money_instead_of_food_points.jpg (104.53 KB, 518x400 - viewed 37347 times.)
* df_cooking_uses_money_instead_of_food_points_1.2.rar (7.85 KB - downloaded 274 times.)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 12:13:13 am by nobody7382 » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 05:17:28 pm »

If you're going to require people to download those mods, please provide direct links to them. It's not fair to make them search them out just so they can use your mod. I don't know how many times I've been made to hunting for 'this' so I could use 'that', and ended up saying forget it and just did without. Thank you.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
nobody7382

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 09:13:50 pm »

good advice. I did not bother to think about that since I was just pasting from the readme file.
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 10:58:34 pm »

Another note - not for you to fix, but to check on - this download is wrongly linked in the update thread, so people will have trouble finding it until the pointer is fixed.

Edit - they've fixed it. All the best!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 07:33:29 am by aelflaed » Logged
raffo89

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 06:01:31 am »

Thank you for having taken my request and sticked up through the end of it! You're a wonderful modder!
Thank you! :angel:
xoJessi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 12:07:51 pm »

Interesting!! I believe this was how it was done in Sims1

My Sims Journal/Photo Album Come see what my sims are up to!

Real Sims
Sims Oasis
tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 02:51:05 pm »

Yep- it was.  I also believe that Maxis said something about the ability to use this in chats prior to the base game's release.  Unless I misread it. Tongue Which I usually do.

Thank you. Smiley

Sigs are for smokers.
nobody7382

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 05:58:55 am »

New version is available to fix one problem.
nobody7382

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 12:29:52 am »

Updated to v1.2 which fixes a couple of problems. Previous version was downloaded 32 times.
SimmySue29

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 05:40:03 pm »

Marveolus!

Thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: