Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 08:24:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Consequences for no toddler skills  (Read 3004 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
pentabet

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2008, 10:22:33 pm »

Alright, so I saw a mod by Inge Jones regarding bed-wetting if a toddler never learned the potty train skill.  I posted this request on Simbology, but haven't really had a firm answer from anyone concerning whether they'd try to do it.

I'm very interested in a mod that affects toddler skills vs childhood-and-older life:

Sure, my kids wet the bed when they're upset, but what about the other skills?  I would like to see more consequences of lazy/neglectful sim-parenting... Would it be possible to create a mod inspired by Inge Jones's bed-wetting mod, but including the other two main toddler goals?

1) If a toddler doesn't learn to talk, then as children+ they would have to take twice as long to build charisma skills, or makes friends with great difficulty; as kids/teens they'd take longer to do homework.

2) If a toddler doesn't learn to walk, then as children+ they'd deal with slower body-skilling, awkwardness (side note: do sims even have a tripping animation?), never upping the hidden dance skill, (having a fear of stairs? lol).

I try to make sure all of my babies are taught on time, but I've been asking myself (besides the no memory of learning it) what is the point of trying so hard?  No parents or children give it a second thought after toddler years.

*And I take into account that FT gives you a bonus for learning that stuff now, but I'm still not satisfied with the reward/consequence system currently in place.  

If you are interested, or if this exists elsewhere, I'd love you forever if you could do this/point me to it.

Two pine cones are sitting in the woods; one turns to the other and asks, "Did you see what that bear did to the rabbit?"
"Yeah.  I guess he ran out of Charmin."
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 10:36:41 pm »

Let me make sure I got this right. This is for FreeTime correct?

And yes, there is an animation for teens and adults to "trip". You may have seen them trip over those garden lights (I think the cheap ones). I don't remember if children has a trip animation but I am fairly sure they do.

I remember your request at Simbology. I thought that is a reasonable mod to request. Let's see what Mr Squinge will say about this one because he's usually good with that kind of stuff.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 10:46:42 pm »

After having whipped the Dork into reviewing the possibilities of this mod, he's told me he's too busy at the moment to work on something as complicated as this. Perhaps in the future though.

*slaps on lock, attaches nuclear warhead, sets timer, and runs like hell*

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: