Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 02:29:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Making Shoes reflective with enVcube  (Read 2816 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2008, 06:56:36 pm »

I was chatting about reflective clothing and thought it would be awesome if I could get reflective shoes. Now, I was able to make the clothing relfective by tweaking some simpe settings, but the shoes are another story. For this mesh, it has 3 shoes, at the knee is where I have the body & shoes joined. In order to see it reflective, I noticed it has to be on simstandard material or there is no reflectivity.

I have alpha blendmode on none and alpha test enable 0. This is the outcome

now here it is with alphablendmode blend ( I thought it would do this anyway, it was just a test)

Now I have the blendmode set back to none and alphatest enabled 1 and I get the same as picture 2.

Does anyone have any suggestions? If it doesnt work on this I will probably make another mesh and regroup some parts for it to work.

* 1.png (24.52 KB, 216x180 - viewed 1756 times.)

* 2.png (23.25 KB, 206x172 - viewed 351 times.)

Checkout my Creations & Please read  My Policy , thank you in advance.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 07:04:55 am »

You can make a meshgroup reflective but if there are skin parts in that mesh group they will become reflective too....
So you do have to split up the parts as you figured out already.
Splitting them up will requiere a extra subset in the outfit package but you know how to do that by now Smiley

Blend settings should be set to none unless you want to make a glass shoe.(like Bsett plats)
alphatest is mostly set to 0

Check out my section, made so many Wink
I think in your case its the easiest to make the calf part of the body(belts wont be refl. then.)and the rest as shoegroup.
Also keep in mind that splitting them up can have effect on the other shoes.....parts showing that you dont want Wink
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 07:14:20 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 07:31:36 am »

*bear hugs BlooM* I will make a new mesh, I really dont want to mess with the body in this mesh becuase of the other shoes. Thankies hun Smiley How are your Rubens meshes coming along?

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 07:38:00 am »

well to be honest i spend more time in the gym then meshing these days.....

No longer active
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 05:01:40 pm »

I know how you feel. In my sleepless nights I play in milkshape but otherwise I am working like a crazy women. I am (supposed) to be working now :lol: Shhhhh.... dont tell anyone Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: