Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:58:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AL WON'T INSTALL!!!  (Read 3716 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BenjiLuvsMe1179

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2008, 12:13:44 am »

I just bought Apartment Life and put the cd in the drive and nothing is popping up.  I went to 'My Computer' and it doesn't show up on there either!  Does anyone else have this problem?  What do I do? I've seen the pictures and really want to play!!!
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 12:17:23 am »

Apartment Life comes in DVD format.

Do you have a DVD drive?

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
BenjiLuvsMe1179

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 12:23:35 am »

I put it in my DVD drive and still nothing is popping up.
BenjiLuvsMe1179

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 12:50:34 am »

I googled this and it seems other people have this problem and can't figure it out.  As fellow sims 2 lovers I hope at least one of you can.
chow1Toby

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 02:36:57 pm »

The same thing happened when I was installing Apartment Life on my sister's computer.  She ended up buying an external dvd drive.  I had no problem installing it after that.
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 02:46:58 pm »

If the drive cannot play a movie, it cannot install AL. DVD is not the same as CD Rom. My neice gave me fits insisting she had it in the DVD drive, no it was a CDRW drive not a DVD drive, double check yourself and your drive.
BenjiLuvsMe1179

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 08:14:46 pm »

the drive is a DVD drive.  On the drive it has the DVD logo on it
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 08:23:12 pm »

And is it 10x speed at least? an older drive may not be and if not, it won't read the disk - as I found out. My OEM won't even though it is a DVD read only drive but, my newer LightScribe Drive is fine with it.(HP brand fyi)
tylersada

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 09:20:22 am »

I have problems with my DVD drive (my computer is older).  I however am able to manipulte it most of the time by taking the DVD out and putting it back in again.  I however did not have the issue when installing (luckily).

Sims Mommy
Kittyara

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 08:11:33 pm »

with the sims 2 castaway,The instalation worked for me but I had to go into the files to get it to play. I also have Vista so I generally have to manualy get things to to work because the autorun / installation widnow won't pop up...  (I don't know much a bout computers either, but if it's any thing major I get my hubby to help me ) Though Al worked fine for me.Spore is another story  I have to open the files to get it to play arg..

Any way Try going to your dvd drive manualy and open the files by right clicking on the al icon next to the dvd drive icon and click open. Their should be  an auto install icon. I'm not to sure if that will help, but if you haven't tried to do that , you might as well.  Be sure to read the requirements on the back of the box as well.

..I know I'm not much help when it comes to stuff like this, but vista users usually find that auto run/intall sometimes doesn't work, so going through the files manually usually  does the trick, though  Ive never had that problem with The sims 2... The sims 2 Stories is another story.... hah.... <_<  O_o
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 08:19:20 pm by Kittyara » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: