Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 07:53:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Story/Legacy Idea  (Read 3517 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
discowhipped

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2008, 03:59:28 am »

I've really wanted to start a story for ages now and have tons of ideas flying around in my head, but it's a big thing to commit to. So I thought I'd start with something simple, completely rip off the idea from the 'Sims World' contest by Dee (where a real person becomes stuck in the sims world), so the founder is from our world and is forced to comply to legacy rules.

Maybe this has been done before, I have no idea. But does it sound good? Also, I tend to get bored quickly... and would have to throw in random deaths and plot twists to keep me interested :lol:

Edit: Also, would it make it more interesting if the sim had free will or was controlled by some external force? Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 04:04:48 am by discowhipped » Logged

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 12:25:56 pm »

I think that sounds really cool.  I've never seen one done like that before.

As for which way would be more interesting (free will or external force) you'll really have to sit and think it out - do you have enough ideas to make the external force interesting?  Or would you rather just let the game generate its own chaos?  Either way would work well.

Good luck - I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 09:54:35 pm »

Thank you Astral! I think, after weighing up the pros and cons, I might do a combination of both situations, so the 'sim god' - as I refer to my external force Tongue - appears at certain points but most of the time it's free reign. I'm already starting, because I'm so bored. Cheesy

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: