Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:16:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Homecrafter wont load  (Read 2444 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Lula77

View Profile WWW
« on: September 28, 2008, 09:55:47 am »

Terrible absolutely terrible! Now I can´t make new wallpapers to my site or to the game! It is horrible and extreamly depressing! As you know I have a new and powerful laptop now and of cause I had to install everything again. I had just downloaded it and installed it but it wont load the program even if i klick on the home crafter button. My laptop is widescreen but that should not make it that it will not load the program! PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE OUT THIS PROBLEM!

The only reson I use this avatar. Is cause Antonio Torres is the sim hunk of my dreams.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 01:53:10 pm »

Have you deleted you Groups.cache and Accessory.cache files in your C:\Documents and Settings\*user name*\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder?  That might help in the situation.  :angel:

Lula77

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 12:52:30 pm »

No I do not think so! I will try to delete them and see if it works after that! Thanks for your help my freind!

Deleted both of em but it still wont load! Sad GAAAAH!!! What am i supose to do!!!??
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 10:06:28 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

The only reson I use this avatar. Is cause Antonio Torres is the sim hunk of my dreams.
icinngtiara

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 01:39:22 pm »

same problem for me
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 03:53:11 pm »

:scratch:  Hmm... to be honest, I'm not much of a Homecrafter expert (as the only time I ever used it was when I had my old laptop) so I'm not quite sure what other files could affect the program from starting.  You might want to try looking through this link for any possible solutions that may be addressed.  It's the only thing I can think of for the moment, since I'm not on my laptop at the moment.  Hope it helps.  :angel:

gali

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 09:22:49 am »

I hope that you work with the Homecrafter Plus. It's working fine in my game.
May be if you download it again will help.

http://thesims2.ea.com/getcoolstuff/homecrafter.php
wojtek0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 09:33:40 am »

There was a tutorial that explained how to create new wallpapers and floors using SimPe, but I don't remember the site

http://hideki.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1994160#post1994160

Here is the link
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 10:05:27 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 04:58:28 pm »

delete all loose files in the "The Sims 2" folder. (accessory/groups.cache) that also includes the contentregistry file and (the one I can't remember the name of right now - but it usually comes up if you've used bodyshop). there might also be one more of these files popping up when you use the homecrafter - but since I've only used that programme once, I can't really remember.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 09:29:03 am »

Maybe this will help:

http://freya.modthesims2.com/showpost.php?p=2000486&postcount=19

I don't have an issue with Homecrafter, but I have just the base game installed on a Vista machine.  If I read it right, it seems to be later expansions that are messing the ability of HC to run.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: