Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:37:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No sunlight.  (Read 4588 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
blue_feathers

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2008, 06:03:28 pm »

No matter how many windows I put on a house - any house in the game - no sunlight enters and the house remains "dark".  It's driving me nuts.   Does anyone else have this problem and, if so, how can I fix it?
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 08:09:13 am »

Wich EPs do you have?
Is this ALL the windows?
Are you using custom recolors?
Wich direction is the houses facing?
Is there sunlight elsewhere on the lot?
Have you tried leaving a little bit of wall, then place the windows, and then closing the walls?

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
blue_feathers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 08:29:29 pm »

Thanks for responding.  So sorry for the late reply, personal drama, I've been out of town.

I have Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, and Bon Voyage installed.
Yes, all windows.
I took all the custom recolors out when the problem first surfaced, however it doesn't seem to make a difference.
The houses face every direction.
Yes, there's sunlight outside.  It's only inside the house (or any four-walled space)  that is dark.
I tried that just now but...no dice Sad
jeditechyrosemary

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 08:49:36 pm »

I know how to fix this!!!   Just install one "wall" space as a greenhouse wall (Let there be light!  LOL. )  This is a game related gripe a lot of players have and as long as one panel is greenhouse the lighting issue is fixed.  (Greenhouse walls are in the gardening section of build mode if you don't know.)  You can even put a "stacked effect" (one outside facing wall and a room attached that has no exterior walls with a greenhouse wall connecting them [as long as you remember to light the first room from the outside with a greenhouse wall panel])  Good Luck!!!

Duct tape is like the force.  It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the universe together.  I am a Geek Goddess (98.0957% on geek forum test) 
Call me Rose.  :saber:
Naaarrf! Poit!  :notsmili:
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 06:59:28 pm »

While using the greenhouse wall is a quick, short term fix, it isn't the solution.  And I have all EP's to BV with no lighting issues.  Windows work fine, it's not an issue with the Mac version.    Have you installed any lighting hacks?  I know Wes_H has one, but I think its bodyshop.  Gunmod also has one.  CEP used to have the lighting mod included, but the new V9 does not.  Have you downloaded any cameras or other text files that are different than the original?   I would take your entire /users/documents/eagames/thesims2 folder and move it to your desktop and start the game.  This will regenerate and set all your text/script files to the original.  Then see if this works.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: