Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:22:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Workers at computers request  (Read 3619 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tizerist

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2008, 06:23:27 pm »

Simplish request on the face of it:

Can anyone do a hack to make employees autonomously work at the computer so that we can have office community lots....... please!

Most ideal would probably be a hack to enable "Management...assign...computer"
but a hacked objects affecting sims on the premises could do the job as well?

Any takers?:sad4:
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 07:56:29 pm »

Please state your latest EP. Smiley

Have you looked at the two threads for Monique's AL and FT computers in the main Squinge's Mods section?

They allow you to assign your employees to work and study badges on the computers on business (community) lots. They're not autonomous so you will have to direct your employee to use the computer.

Apartment Life version of Monique's Computer/Laptop Variety
FreeTime or Bon Voyage version of Monique's Computer/Laptop Variety

If you have AL, use the AL link. If you have either Bon Voyage or FreeTime, use the FT/BV link.

If you have any question about these computers, feel free to contact me. I hope this is what you're looking for.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
tizerist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 03:18:22 am »

Hi Chaavik (ALL EP's)

I had that computer before in FT.
Unfortunately though as you said its not autonomous so directing 8+ workers to work on there computers isn't ideal.

Looking for something that would allow an "office work place" would depend on autonomy.

Cheers.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 12:24:14 pm »

Okay, how do you want your Sims to interact with computers autonomously on a community lot? I understand that you intend for this to be an "office" environment.

I need more details from you about how you want this to be done for you such as sending the Sims autonomously to write novels, write articles, chat with people or something to induce the "office" atmosphere. Did you want to earn the money your Sims make for you off an activity on a computer?

This will require a bit of work to make this happen for you. Smiley

Let me know with more details!

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
tizerist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 09:42:03 am »

Well, any of those computer interactions would do the job. Even better if those interactions have different animations from each other (do they?) then all of them could possibly be incorporated.
The earning money part would be nice, not for me (I am just after the "daily grind" scenario) but for other people, yes, they want it.
It's obviously a more basic scenario than hotfooting it around a store, talking up customers, so maybe the profit should reflect that?

Inge has declared an interest along with Lion here
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,13133.0.html
perhaps you could team up?

Not sure what other details could be provided really.

I'll check back later Smiley
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 10:06:44 am »

Thank you for the link to the thread to read up on. Seems like there is some interest generated for that idea, but I don't know if they will get around to the idea and make something possible.

But it gave me ideas to suggest and see how this work. You don't need Monique's computers for the community lots because they are not autonomous themselves. Use the Maxis computers because they are autonomous.

Try this mod called Internet-Connected Community Lots along with the Maxis computers to create an office environment. They will appear to be writing (blogging) which makes more sense than to play games unless they're working for SimPC Gamers. Smiley

Let us know how this will work for you.

Dancing Squirrels
tizerist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 06:21:02 am »

Well I read the thread and it seems that computers become autonomous even for residential lot guests. I don't fancy my guests hogging my home PC in the game (that happens enough in real life!)
The computer autonomy, the way I have envisaged it, would be work environment only.

So no. This isn't really the answer. Close though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: