Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:08:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SLS Lots Not Loading  (Read 4183 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
bradleyl00
« on: September 26, 2008, 11:35:05 am »

I bought SLS as a direct download when it first came out.  I was able to play both SLS and NL on my laptop.  I wanted to play again, however, none of the lots load up.  When I click on Riley's lot, it will go through the motions like the lot is loading however the hourglass will continue to turn and I manually shut it down.  This happens with every lot that I try and click on. I have upgraded my drivers, defragmented my drive, reinstalled the game still and none of the lots will load up. I don't have any custom content in the game and all the system requirements are up-to-date.  Can someone help me with this problem?
gali

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 04:29:57 pm »

If you mean you play it using the EA Download Manager - it creates a lot of problems, as I have heard.

One simmer couldn't load the game after several plays. The solution she was given (and worked) by EA support was, to open a new account, and download the game again; but she will lose everything she played until now.

May be it will be the same solution for you, I hope. Anyway, you have to contact Download Manager Support team.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 08:48:49 pm »

I bought the game online as well (in July)  and gave up on waiting for EA's help.   When I had that problem I used a thread here to find the answer.

Try going to:  "start menu/my documents/Electronic Arts"

Delete the "Life Stories" folder and restart the game.  Sounds too simple but it did work for me.  You will lose all your saved game info but at least it will work.

good luck!

Sims by Dasi:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: