Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:01:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are empty packages?  (Read 1015 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kelgettler22

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2008, 09:07:16 pm »

in my Sims2pack clean installer I see a long list of "empty packages"  Under name it says a bunch of letters and numbers and under type it says the empty package. Can anyone tell me what that is so I can delete them if it isn't needed. Thanks

Kel Belle
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 09:11:57 pm »

Empty packages are usually broken files that are a waste of space (though usually found to be 1kb in size).  You're perfectly welcome to toss them without any consequences, especially if they're files that have 24-character long "nonsense" names.  Wink

There are a few exceptions, however... sometimes there are default replacements and even hacks that can be labeled as "empty packages", yet still work just fine in the game.  Most likely, they'll be labeled correctly with a name, rather than what the game generates when the files are extracted from a Sims2Pack using the Maxis installer.  It's hard to tell sometimes what works and what doesn't, but if they are files you've never seen in game before, then you probably won't be missing them.  :lol:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 09:14:33 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: