Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 02:44:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Body Shop 2 cutom content  (Read 1246 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Simmer2
« on: September 28, 2008, 04:12:53 pm »

Hi. I just joined this neat simming community and I am looking for some help. I always wanted to be able to make my own Sims so I can upload them and share them with cummunities such as this one and Sims 2 ea games sites, etc... I recently downloaded the Sims 2 Body Shop, but it harly comes with any content at all! I hardly have any hairstyles or clothing, eye color choices...almost nothing! How and where do I go online to find custom content to download to my Body Shop so I can make a wish come true and maybe even learn how to help others with my same inquiries? Any info at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and Happy Simming to all! :-):angel:
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 06:26:51 pm »

um... bodyshop comes with the game (you don't have to download it - you'll most likely find it in the start menu, under your most recently installed OR latest released Expansion Pack), and don't come with other content than the maxis content, or the things you might have downloaded.

custom content you can find a lot of here at insim, and also at http://www.Modthesims2.com - two of my favourite places, and two of the places you'll find most - if not all - of what you might need Smiley

I do recommend you to shy away from uploading anything at the official sims2 sites, because you'll soon find your uploaded content hidden, forgot, or "stolen" (as in no credit to you when people use stuff you've created, or even re-uploaded content) by other people. I keep to Insim when it comes to upload my stuff. MTS2 have these weird restrictions, and I've not even bothered to try uploading anything there... It's much easier to upload things here at insim instead. besides - it's the best sims2 forum I know of Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 08:10:38 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 09:32:03 am »

I'd also suggest you uninstall the version of Bodyshop you just downloaded.  That version is bugged either way (see here for what I'm talking about, mainly the first item addressed), and was supposed to be available only to make sims before the game was ever released.  Use the version that comes with the highest/latest released EP you have, like theraven mentioned, and you'll find your custom Bodyshop content where it's supposed to be.  Wink

If you don't know where to find it, look in your C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (*Name of latest EP*)\CSBin directory, then double click on the file TS2BodyShop.exe to open up Bodyshop.  :angel:

(...and moved to help section.  Still might be more of a WCIF question, though.  I'm having a "ditz" moment... Wink )
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 09:36:23 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: