Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 01:08:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help, Only One lot Crashes while Loading  (Read 1945 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ticticc13

View Profile WWW
« on: September 28, 2008, 07:11:55 pm »

Hey guys, I hope I'm posting on the right thread and really need help. Badly.

I have AL for quite some time now and my game's running perfectly. I have all EP's and SP's, over 31k worth of downloaded packages, all organized in subfolders, mods updated for AL, old hacks/mods removed and regularly check my downloaded stuff in Clean Installer, all EP's and SP's running on a high-end Windows PC.

I entered one particular lot (with Sim family) and my game crashed while its loading. I checked with the other lots I have (with families) and they are okay. No crashing while loading and I can play with them. All of them living in ordinary residential lots. Only on that particular lot, while loading. It crashes.

I was wondering what's causing this and how to fix it? It always happen when loading that lot? I don't want to lose that family as I work hard on them and I'm working on a story and a music video. The only thing I can remember was I run Clean pack installer last Saturday and removed two empty packages.

I would really appreciate some help. Also if someone could show me how to obtain and interpret error logs would be most helpful. I'm very dependent with CC's, I don't think I can live without them. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 07:58:11 pm by ticticc13 » Logged

----------------------------------------------------
~The Smallest Feline is a Masterpiece~
-Leonardo DaVinci
My Sims 2 Flickr
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 07:55:37 am »

Did the crashing occur previously to installing a new expansion or after?

I have one suggestion, irregardless:
1) Package the lot to a file
2) Use clean installer and install only the lot
3) Enter the game
4) Turn on testingcheats and enter the lot without a family (if you can)
5) I would then click on every item and see if the debugger notices any conflict and delete them

If the former steps work, you should then move the family out your old lot and into the new one

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
ticticc13

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 07:18:14 pm »

No crashing prior to this. The last EP I installed is AL, which is about 3 weeks ago? My game is also patched up to Free Time and encountered no problems with my gameplay in the last weeks or after AL installation. Not until two nights ago when that lot first crashed. Can still play with my game/other lots though.

I'll try your suggestion and let you know what happen! Thanks! Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 07:20:42 pm by ticticc13 » Logged

----------------------------------------------------
~The Smallest Feline is a Masterpiece~
-Leonardo DaVinci
My Sims 2 Flickr
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: