Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 02:21:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: blue screen  (Read 2424 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
be92003

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2008, 05:43:25 am »

:bawl:hello you have probably heard this before if so i am sorry but i am at the end of my patience and begining to think about not bothering with the game again i have looked in forum after forum and am now very confused  the game loads ok get to where you click on pleasant view starts to load when you should be able to see town all you get is a blue screen that flashes light blue then darker blue i have taken game back to begining and still the same it played until i put kitchen and bathroom on played for a couple of weeks then this problem came up hope this imformation helps oh i have windows xp by the way so sorry if this has been asked before  
CPU Minimum: 1.0 GHz or faster (1.3 GHz for Vista)
You Have: 2 processors running - Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz  PASS  
 CPU Speed
Minimum: 1 GHz
You Have: 3.19 GHz Performance Rated at 4.79 GHz  PASS  
 System RAM
Minimum: 512 MB (1 GB for Vista)
You Have: 1023 MB  PASS  
 Operating System
Minimum: Windows Vista, XP, Me, 2000, or 98
You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Build Service Pack 32600)  PASS  
 Video Card
Minimum: Video card must have 32 MB or more memory and one of these T&L capable chipsets: ATI Radeon 8500 or greater; NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS or greater; (NVIDIA GeForce 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ for Vista)
You Have: MEDION RADEON X740XL (MEDION RADEON X740XL (0x5E4B))  PASS  
 Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card  Video RAM: Required - 32 MB , You have - 1.0 GB
 Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
 Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.6601   FYI: Your video card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper video card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.  
 DirectX Version
Minimum: 9.0
You Have: 9.0c   PASS  
 Sound Card
Minimum: Yes
You Have: C-Media Rear Panel Audio   PASS  
 Sound Card Driver Version
Your driver version number is: 5.10   FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.  
 Free Disk Space
Minimum: 1 GB
You Have: 248.5 GB  PASS  
 CD
Minimum: 8x CD/DVD-ROM drive
You Have: HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8163B   PASS, but the Speed could NOT be analyzed.  

Privacy Policy  Terms of Service
Powered
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 06:16:29 am »

It's possible your game data has become corrupted. Try going to My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 and deleting the groups.cache file. You will find also find cigen.package. This file can also be deleted. You may also find two files called Content Registry and accessory.cache, you can delete these as well. The game will rebuild all the files the next time you start it so they are all quite safe to delete.
Restart your game and hopefully all will be well.
be92003

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 06:27:26 am »

thankyou prudensh tried that still the sametried reinstalling still the same i wondered if it could be graphics
francisccini

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 08:29:53 am »

Quote from: be92003;1254099
thankyou prudensh tried that still the sametried reinstalling still the same i wondered if it could be graphics
:smt120

I have the same problem. In the neighborhood the game crash. The loud's icon running, then the blue screen. Sometimes its loud, other not. I cant fix it. Im from Brazil.
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 10:43:09 am »

which expansion packs do you have installed?
Dracoamie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 05:38:40 am »

It could possibly be a lack of memory problem... try closing down as much of the programs on your computer that you can before running sims, the other possibilty is that you have downloads that are conflicting and can often cause things to flash various shades of blue. If this is the case you'll have to find out which downloads are causing the problem. There are some programs that look for conflicts but can't remember the name of them at the moment.

Hope this helps.

I came, I saw, I thought hmm...
be92003

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 12:21:45 pm »

thankyou for your help i have upgraded my graphics card and my ram this seems to have helped( when i can afford to i will also upgrade my cpu  ) at least now i can play
hjkjr2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 10:47:37 pm »

Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility  (S2HCDU)  by James A. Sausville  is the one I've found...can't remember if it was here, or MTS2
I'm having the blue screen thing too.  I have an Nvidia card, and just updated the driver, but it actually got worse...it doesn't even give me time to use the boolprop useShaders false cheat before it crashes, now.

10-16-08  Just read on MTS2 that Norton AV might cause this problem too...Anyone have more info?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 10:13:25 pm by hjkjr2 » Logged
Raven41858

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 05:52:12 pm »

http://www.simwardrobe.com/
HCDU is here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: