Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:03:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seperate Baby Outfits for Boys and Giirls  (Read 47815 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
the evil writer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 02:48:20 pm »

How is one to change the infant outfit so it will be a onesie that the girls wear instead of the dress?

In SimPE, you'll have to import the onesie mesh into Chris' file, and also replace the texture included with the onesie texture and alpha. 
I've already swapped out the included dress with another, but I'd like to switch to a different mesh...but I'm not sure what part of the package is the mesh. Maybe I'm being dense, but opening it in simpe didn't exactly make it clear (frankly, I've never entirely understood how the baby clothes function as both mesh and recolorable outfit both). When this package is open in simpe where do I find the meshes to import/export?

Download some   Toddler Fashions (other stuff too, but toddler stuff sticks to the exchange best)
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 03:04:10 pm »

If you're after the girl meshes, you can get all of Bloom's hat/pacifier meshes + Tenshii's blanket meshes girlified (by me) here (all credits go to those two and CH, of course. I just did the copy/paste job). Just so you know, those also need texture files.
Tenshii split up the mesh and texture files here. Just recolor one of the girl only recolor files, and you're good to go. They work for any "girl only" mesh.
Good thing is, all textures for mesh parts can be included, so meshes are pick-and-choose. Got tired of making 4 files for each outfit...

If you want to do it yourself, though, you
* open the mesh file you want to extract from, right-click on the GMDC (Geometric Data Container) resource file, choose "extract" and save to desktop.
* Open the "girl only" mesh (or mesh+recolor) file, right-click on the GMDC file again, and choose "replace" (find the one you extracted).
* I think it's safest if you rename the GMDC file to bfbodydiaper_tslocator_gmdc (content tab, just under the drop-down menu called "blocklist", it says "filename"). Not sure if this has anything to say, and I doubt it has, but better safe than sorry.
* Click "commit" in the plugin view window, and "save as..." with a new name.

You probably already know how to do the recoloring part, but I put up a quick tutorial here, in case someone else doesn't know.

Quite easy, really Wink
I did all the mesh extracting on my crappy laptop while really bored during my holiday... Only had SimPE to play around with, as the game itself barely runs any longer on it... I think I made recolors for all of the meshes, including some of mine, (at my site), but I'm not entirely sure. I know I did more than enough to stay away from infant outfits for quite a while, as both my arms were quite sore of all the click/drag/copy/paste actions...  Undecided
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 05:14:26 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 05:10:15 pm »

Woot!  More options when I get tired of the batch I made!

Shameless self-serving plug: http://www.woodensimolean.dimensionality.com/node/174

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
the evil writer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 01:20:50 am »

If you're after the girl meshes, you can get all of Bloom's hat/pacifier meshes + Tenshii's blanket meshes girlified (by me) here (all credits go to those two and CH, of course. I just did the copy/paste job). Just so you know, those also need texture files.
Tenshii split up the mesh and texture files here. Just recolor one of the girl only recolor files, and you're good to go. They work for any "girl only" mesh.
Good thing is, all textures for mesh parts can be included, so meshes are pick-and-choose. Got tired of making 4 files for each outfit...

If you want to do it yourself, though, you
* open the mesh file you want to extract from, right-click on the GMDC (Geometric Data Container) resource file, choose "extract" and save to desktop.
* Open the "girl only" mesh (or mesh+recolor) file, right-click on the GMDC file again, and choose "replace" (find the one you extracted).
* I think it's safest if you rename the GMDC file to bfbodydiaper_tslocator_gmdc (content tab, just under the drop-down menu called "blocklist", it says "filename"). Not sure if this has anything to say, and I doubt it has, but better safe than sorry.
* Click "commit" in the plugin view window, and "save as..." with a new name.
I've screwed something up Sad I extracted and replaced the mesh per your instruction, and that part does work - now my baby girls wear footie sleepers just like the little boys. But now all the babies are bald despite having one of bloom's infant hair meshes in my downloads folder.

I'm not sure if this is what caused the problem, but when I extract the GMDC resource file, I get two files, not one. Choosing either one when doing the "replace" step results in the dress mesh being replaced by the sleeper mesh.

Any ideas?

Download some   Toddler Fashions (other stuff too, but toddler stuff sticks to the exchange best)
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 02:38:55 am »

Bloom's files (especially the oens with pacifiers) have several mesh parts inside the GMDC resource. Could be something screwed up there.

You'll get two files, that's correct. Look away from the XML (Something like that) file, and use the other one to replace the GMDC with.

Why the babies are bald... I honestly have no idea. Unless you're adding in a hat or pacifier, these won't do anything to the baby's head or face mesh. Maybe you'll need to check your game settings again. 

If you don't figure it out, I've added girl versions of all the combos (except for some of my own meshes) to the file I linked at mediafire. All the onesie, "naked", blanket and dress meshes. You'll have to make a new texture file, which I've explained here (use a girl texture file).

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
the evil writer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2011, 07:29:51 pm »

Dunno if anyone cares, but I finally solved the problem. Of all things, it was a corrupted set of Adult Male clothes that caused the hair not to show. Once I deleted it tonight, the hair is back =)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 07:53:52 pm by the evil writer » Logged

haeleirose

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2011, 06:28:22 pm »

This is so totally AWSOME! Thanks so so so much i needed a infant gurl outfit only
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: