Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 07:00:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My beachside apartment lot suddenly dug itself down.. kind of.  (Read 2988 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Oliver R Heath

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2008, 12:51:27 pm »

I was playing on my couple, and they were going down to the beach.. then suddenly i noticed that the water was really high!

I thought it would go away, and i didn't know the lot had dug itself down at that point. But after a while, when my couple had went to bed, looked at the road, and the road was like this..

And i know that above the beach was totally flat! And then i went out of the lot, and to the neighborhood. The lot wasn't low there!

Has this happened to any of you? What can i do to fix it?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 12:56:54 pm by Oliver R Heath » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 01:20:27 pm »

The AL readme mentions this.  Don't do it.  It's a known bug they haven't addressed yet.
Oliver R Heath

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 01:25:48 pm »

But what can i do to fix it?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 02:18:35 pm »

Delete the lot and wait for EA to fix beach front apartments
Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 01:57:23 pm »

I made one the front part looks fine the beach even looks fine till you spin your camera towards the apartment and the water is messed up but if thats all I can deal with it everything else seems to work fine?

cookniro

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 11:28:26 am »

Experiencing the same problem built a condo on the beach yesterday everything was fine till I moved tenants in and then the whole lot sunk under all the way to ground level. Water side of lot is unusable/ (underground). This was the second lot I built and the second time it happened. First lot I did did the same and it was built totally on land. To play it had to build a hill and put only it on it. When you move the lot you will notice a crater in your neighborhood. I want the fix too. Spent a whole day on each complex and don't want to lose them. Hope there is a fix, also.
Renette

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 01:10:58 am »

EA specifically said that problems will occur when trying to build an apartment on a beach lot. Known bugs - don't do it!
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 10:08:35 am »

This can be fixed using the latest SimPE. Check out the lot and you'll see the elevation number is wrong. You can change it so that when you go back, the lot is correctly aligned. I did it for a beach apartment lot I built and it worked. Trouble is, you have to do this for every family you move into an apartment on that lot because each one has its own version of the lot and the elevation number is messed up every time. Until Maxis address this issue, the only way is the way I described above. Well, as far as I know anyway. Smiley

Use SimPe to change the elevation number.

The correct elevation for lots is 319.9375. Enter that in the Z: column instead of the messed up number that the bug puts in there and your beach apartment will be back to normal. The lots with numbers after them are the apartment copies with families in them. I wish I could show you what to do exactly, but I can't, so you'll have to work it out from my description. Hopefully it helps.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 10:18:52 am by Dizzymental » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: