Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 06:34:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Yearly Apocalypse Challenge - February 24th Update!!  (Read 21072 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
AjiDivine

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2008, 09:02:33 pm »

Here are links to each chapter:

Ch. 1            
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10

Jasper Yearly has no clue of what her life will be like in four years. She is a knowledge sim with a lifetime want to be an oceanographer. Her secondary aspiration is family. I totally forgot to get her other stats.

She spends a lot of time studying. I am trying get as many skill points as possible.

She is getting quite good a chess and has played just about everyone in the dorm. It is also a great way to make friends.

Of course there must be time for fun stuff, too. Silvester Howe always manages to get close while she is studying or playing.

Connel Simmons is one of her many male friends. He is not bad looking.

She shares a laugh with Harper Taylor during a party where some of the dormies pass out in the cafeteria.

Sparks flew between them and they found themselves in an embrace. Jasper told Harper that she had no plans to take it any futher than that, she is waiting until she gets married.

Poor Betsie died when one of the drunken dormies blocked her in a chair during the party. The next morning was sorrow filled day for the entire dorm. This was the first death Jasper has had to deal with.

Cody Baldwin was easy to talk to and was very easy on the eyes. Her choices in potential partners is increasing.

Near the end of her sophomore year, she opted for a new look. The guys in the dorm definitely took notice. It was kind of weird, since she was now covering more skin. She attributed it to her looking more sophisticated, but more likely it was because they had not been able to get in her pants.

Jasper didn't understand what she had done wrong when the cop bust into her dorm room. He started doing some weird dance and then proceed to fuss at her.

Then he told her she was under arrest. She didn't understand what was going on. She just hung her head and obeyed.

Arrested and being placed into a limo was not what she had expected. She was scared and hoped that someone in the dorm would report this to the real police.

The limo dropped her off on a dark street with no street lights. Then she noticed a house that was dimly lit and a group a people all dressed alike walked toward her. That's when she realized she was being inducted into the LFT Society. She noticed that quite a few of her dorm mates were members.

Connel greeted her and showed her around the house. He also let her know that he was interested in being more than just her friend.

She told him that right now her concentration was on her studies and learning new skills. Connel figured he would do his best to change her mind by offering to teach her how to use the biomed station. He thinks eventually she will loosen up. Yes, she will loosen up, but only just for a smooch or two. She is constantly wanting to skill or do an assignment. I guess that is a good thing for me.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 10:51:07 pm by AjiDivine » Logged

Simming is a way of Life!!!  :toothy4:
Check out my sims pictures.
My Apocalyse Challenge
2nd Place in Part of Your World - Jocelyn Lanier
3rd Place in The Devil
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 09:06:11 pm »

Chapter 2

Jasper neared the end of her college years and she was in love with Connel, but she still wasn't sure if he was her one true love. She is so close to maxing out her skills, but she needs to focus on her social and love life too.

Jasper asks Connel to go to Bluewater Salon and Spa. He wanted so much to please her that he agreed to go.

After soaking in the hot tub for a while, Jasper was able to talk Connel into letting her cut his hair. (I must say she did a pretty good job.)

Ummm. Apparently his new look turned her on and that she change her mind about waiting until she got married.

I have never had a sim to use this particular item, but Jasper needed to get really close to maxing out her skills before she graduated. She seemed to enjoy using it a bit much. She was able to max out 5 skills.

Ahh! A new man on the horizon; Yates Teniman. She has 3 bolts with him, but also has 3 bolts with Connel.

Isn't he cute!!

Jasper graduated with honors. She changed her hair a bit before heading home. But while surfing the internet, which was acting strange, she found out the world she would be returning to was vastly different than when she left. She received a cryptic message that stated that it would be up to her and her future family to show the survivors that all will be okay. She wasn't sure if she was up to the task, but she would do her best.

Putting on a brave front. She has received a list of things she can do and things that need to be done. She arrived safely to the safehouse she was directed to. (I really hate the outfit she got stuck with)

She was allowed to bring to 3 things with her. She chose her diploma, bed and medicine cabinet. The place had a bookcase of sorts, fridge, desk and candles for light (since the power had to be reserved for refridgeration). The bathroom contained a sink and a toliet....no shower. She only hoped that soon she could at least have a shower.

Thank goodness for the mirror on the medicine cabinet, because she needs to max out Charisma. She still needs to decide on a job too. Not sure which field she should tackle.

She went out scrounging through some building rubble and stumble across a computer that only need a bit of work to get it working. At least she could start working on a novel and writing helpful articles to help others (well, once she is able to actually print).

My Apocalyse Challenge
3rd Place in The Devil
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 09:09:57 pm »

Hooray, another Apocalypse challenge.  It's going to be fun watching how Jasper does.  I love her new look by the way.  Mohawk guy cleans up quite nicely and makes pretty babies.  He did for me, anyway. Wink

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 10:23:22 pm »

Jasper had gotten tired of eating hotdogs and hamburgers day in and day out, so she decided to work toward becoming a Famous Chef. She was eager to get started to the top of her chosen career. Jasper knew that once she got to the top she could get married and have a family, which was something else she wanted to do.

She spent her spare time writing a novel and fixing the daggum PC that kept breaking down. It seemed to her that it was taking forever to get promotions. She was getting a bit lonely and hadn't been able to find out any information about some of her college friends.

Thank goodness she had studied mechanical things, because there was no plumber for her to call when the dang sink kept breaking (from over use).

Once a week the phone would work perfectly and Jasper would randomly dial numbers of old friends. Sometimes she was lucky to find one. It was great to catch and to find out news of others who had survived. It made her work harder in creating new ways to safeguard food sources when she heard the stories of what people ate and how bad their diets were.

One evening after coming home from work Jasper heard a knock at the door. She knew she hadn't invited anyone over and dagnabit the house didn't have a lot windows to peek out of. So she had to go the door to find out who it was. She was surprised to see Harper and an old woman, who turned out to be his mother. They were traveling to his hometown and had heard through the grapevine that she lived in town. He said he was hoping that they could get something to eat and a bit of rest for a few hours. Jasper was happy to oblige, especially since she had been so lonely. Harper and his mother stayed several hours before heading out. She wished them a safe trip and told Harper to send word when they made it.

She was getting tired of not having her own set of wheels, so she traded a few hours of cooking at a shelter for a few of the guys to get this piece of junk towed to her house. She figured that she could get it running and fix up the body.

But apparently the local mob family decided that her weekly payout to them wasn't enough, so they stole her heap of junk. The thief also took the chess table and some candle sticks. They just take whenever they want and whatever they want.

Jasper finished her first novel and found someone who could actually print out a few copies. She was still working hard toward that top position in her field.

Jasper was able to get this truck from some guys who had made a home in a used car lot. She cooks for them once a week. It is a good thing to have a skill that can help you get things.

Finally!! Jasper reached the top of the culirnary career. Now she could decide who she would marry and get started on her family. They had a world to help out. She knew her biological clock only had so much time left. She hurried in to call Connel and Yates. They were her choices.

Yates arrived first and then Connel crept up on them as Jasper gave him a hug. Yates saw Connel and greeted him. He knew that he was the competition. (sorry for the dark pics)

Connel was pissed. He slapped Jasper and told Yates to leave. Yates stood his ground and threatened to kick Connel's a$$ if he did not leave and never return. He gently took Jasper in his arms and comforted her. Jasper didn't have to make a choice at all. She knew who had her best interest in mind.

Jasper asked Yates to move in with her. He accepted of course. He had missed her terribly and was now happy to be with her again. He knew that the road ahead would be rough, but they would share it together.

They decided to get married right then and there. It was time to get started on the baby making!!!

My Apocalyse Challenge
3rd Place in The Devil
wens

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 11:29:10 pm »

alright!! cant wait to see the baby or babies...

I thought she would have chosen Connel but I am glad Yates had her best interest in mind and that is the most important thing...

AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 11:44:47 am »

I was rooting for Connel, but his reaction to her hugging Yates was not something I had expected. He never reacted that way at the university, but this time it sealed his fate. I have some pics of the children and they should be posted this weekend.

Thanks for dropping by, wens!

My Apocalyse Challenge
3rd Place in The Devil
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 05:17:56 pm »

Chapter 4 - Generation 2 is born

Life was so much better with Yates around. Now Jasper someone to share to cold nights with and someone to share everyday life with. They talked all the time about their days at the university. Yates told her that a few of family members survived and they were all living in old farmhouse. Jasper still hadn't heard anything from her family, but she felt that they were fine wherever they were.

Months went by and Jasper still wasn't pregnant. They tried to not to be anxious, but they knew time was slipping past them. They loved each other and they tried as often as possible to have a baby.

Jasper's belly grew and she was enjoying being pregnant. She couldn't wait to be a mom.

Jasper was able to max out Logic, which was the only one left. She spent lots of time reading and writing another novel.

She even had maxed out her gaming enthusiasm. Now anytime she played or thought about a game she glowed. It was easy keeping her happy while she was pregnant, because she wanted to write or read a novel or play chess.

In the middle of a chess game with Yates, Jasper went into labor. Since there were no doctors available, they had been studying for this day. Yates rushed to grab the necessary items to help with the delivery.

Welcome to the world, Basil Yearly Tenniman.

Jasper took good care of Basil. She lavished him with hugs and kisses. She breast fed him to make sure he got the necessary nutrients to make him strong and healthy.

Before she knew it Basil had grown into the cutest toddler. Yates enjoyed playing with him when he was home or not studying.

Jasper was also pregnant again by the time Basil became a toddler. She knew that she couldn't continue working and take care of two babies, so she had to take early retirement.

Basil was a happy little boy. He always had a smile and he loved playing peek-a-boo.

Jasper was busy teaching Basil to talk, walk and getting him potty trained. She wanted get it all done before the new baby came along.

Welcome to the world, Anise Yearly Tenniman. Jasper's a bit tired looking isn't she?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 05:20:21 pm by AjiDivine » Logged

My Apocalyse Challenge
3rd Place in The Devil
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 06:44:55 pm »

Babies, hooray!  And cute ones, at that!

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 09:17:17 pm »

Chapter 5

Anise has red eyebrows and no one is sure where they came from. Perhaps one of Yates relatives had red hair.

Basil is a neat child, but even when he is all stinky he has a smile for his daddy. Yates and Jasper are watching him to see which career he might be good at, since he won't be able to go to university. Yates is getting his promotions pretty regular in the Education field, but someone has to make it up the Military ladder before it will be safe for the universities to try to open up again.

Basil grew up and his just a cutie.

Basil spends quite a bit of time washing his hands. Might be a candidate for the medical career, so they can at least take showers.

A few days later Anise grew into toddlerhood. Yates was so thrilled that his little lady was growing up. While he was playing with her she threw up on him.

Anise looks a lot like her mom, but with red eyebrows. She's daddy's little princess.

Basil is happy to have someone to play with. He is excited about teaching his little sister how to play games. She a quick study and enjoys playing with her big brother. Their parents are a bit saddened that they have to grow up in world like this, but at least they won't miss what they never had. They vow to keep them safe and teach all the skills they need to survive. Basil will soon start going to school, but can only go until he turns 14 unless his dad reaches the top of the education career.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 09:28:27 pm by AjiDivine » Logged

My Apocalyse Challenge
3rd Place in The Devil
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 11:42:11 am »

I have never played the apocalyse challenge this is interesting.  How is it different than a regular legacy?

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 04:37:40 pm »

It's a bit different and kind of hard to explain too...at least for me. In a legacy you are trying to build wealth throughout the generations, but in the apocalypse each generation is trying to restore services to the rest of the sim world by reaching to top of their career paths. You can find more info here.

My Apocalyse Challenge
3rd Place in The Devil
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 08:45:17 pm »

Wow Aji that's really complicated!  I will definately be back here to see how Jasper is holding up.

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 01:41:12 pm »

Yes, I am finding it a bit difficult to do without certain things for my sims. Thanks for stopping by. I am watching your story also.

My Apocalyse Challenge
3rd Place in The Devil
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 10:47:21 pm »

AJ I'm dying to do a legacy but I want to do an alien one. As in arriving in a strangetown of my own warped creation, lol, but dunno if that would be against the legacy rules.
btw was Anise born really born with black hair and red eyebrows?  She is adorable!

Coptic Text

AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 06:42:12 pm »

I think you should be able to do a legacy like that. I have seen people start their legacies off with a bit of a backstory. An alien who came to change how the population looks and to create an alien/human dynasty. You really should give it a try.

Yes, Anise was born with red eyebrows and oh how I wish I could change them. But I have to clear that restriction first and it probably won't happen in her lifetime.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 06:45:37 pm by AjiDivine » Logged

My Apocalyse Challenge
3rd Place in The Devil
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: