Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 09:54:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Yearly Apocalypse Challenge - February 24th Update!!  (Read 21210 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 06:54:01 pm »

I might give it a go.  Aji you can change her eyebrows with insim now that she is a toddler.  Go to change appearance, makeover, then click eyebrows in makeup area look to the top and click black hairstyle to make the eyebrows switch to black ones.  Then select whateve brows you like.

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 07:35:56 pm »

Chapter 6 - Growing up

Basil spent a lot of time help Anise with her skills. He had overheard his parents talking about how it up to their family to make the world safe again. At first he didn't understand what they meant, but as he got older he learned about the disaster and how it changed their world.

Basil grew up quite well. Isn't he handsome!

Basil thinks he is strong enough to go out and get a job now that he is a teenager. No more school for him, since his dad has yet to reach the top of the education career path. He still has some skilling to do.

Basil started a fire in the kitchen when he put the trash in the old stove for disposal. Luckily Yates has been here before and has studied fire safety. He suggested that Basil pick up the book too.

Anise grew up a few days after Basil. She is actually a lot nicer than Basil, though not as neat.

She looks so much like Jasper, except for those strange red eyebrows.

Jasper insists that Anise learns how to play chess, she says it will combat boredness and it helps build up logic skills. Secretly Jasper wants to spend more time with Anise, because Anise is a daddy's girl.

Yates teaches Anise some dance moves.

Just before Jasper turned into an elder, she gave birth to triplets (totally forgot remove that mod before playing this family...ooopsy!) Two girls and one boy, Rosemary, Ginger and Dill. Jasper decided that all of the future generations should be named after herbs and spices, which she fell in love with in her culinary career. Rosemary is picture here. (She and Ginger have red eyebrows....must be attached to the hair mesh or something.)

Ginger is the most complaining baby I have had in a long time. Nothing seems to satisfy her. She keeps waking up the other two babies with all of her crying and screaming. They cuddle her and feed her, yet she still cries.

When Jasper ages into elderhood she has a nervous breakdown, because she didn't reach her lifetime goal. I was sad for her, but knew she would get over it eventually.

Basil tries to help out more with the triplets since his mom has gotten older. He knew he had to help them grow up well. He is also hoping to be chosen as the heir, so he figures this would give him a better chance. He had better chose the military career path, so all of the siblings could move out and help lift some of the restrictions (I am letting all children of the founder work lifting the restrictions, but only one will be the chosen heir and can marry).

While taking out the trash Basil noticed this young lady walking by, so he introduced himself to her. Her last name is Winter (I forgot the first name). Basil is starting to think about potential spouses already and he has not been chosen as the heir yet.

Ms. Winter is no fool, she has heard about the family and hopes to become a part of it someday. She knows Jasper is the one responsible for everyone being able to eat a variety of foods than they had right after the disaster. She asks Jasper to impart some of her knowledge and of course, Jasper is eager to do so. She knows this young lady could possibly become a part of her family someday.

Jasper looks at her children and hopes that she is preparing them properly for what lays ahead of them. She is now an elder with three babies and two older children. She thinks of how lucky she is to share her life with them, even in this dismal world. She and Yates have to decide who will be the heir soon, they will not consider any of the triplets since they are so very young. They both want to live to see the heir become an adult and marry.

Simming is a way of Life!!!  :toothy4:
Check out my sims pictures.
My Apocalyse Challenge
2nd Place in Part of Your World - Jocelyn Lanier
3rd Place in The Devil
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 10:20:44 pm »

ooh...OK I think those kids are gorgeous! I hoping the heir will be Basil he is just a gorgous teen. If he marries Winter she is so pretty too!
BTW Jasper is a lovely elder. Did her hubby age up too? and...OMG! a trio of screaming babies!  Poor Jasper...lol!

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 07:28:38 pm »

No, her husband has few more days before he ages. I am struggling with who will be heir, but I am leaning toward Basil.

My Apocalyse Challenge
3rd Place in The Devil
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2008, 02:42:22 am »

Aww..maybe Jasper can dye her hair so she doesn't look too old next to her hubby!  LOL!

Coptic Text

AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2008, 12:19:59 pm »

I haven't lifted the restriction for them to make changes to their appearance yet, I think it is the ShowBiz career that will allow them change their appearances. Perhaps I will let Anise chose that career, if it ever is the first job in the newspaper.

My Apocalyse Challenge
3rd Place in The Devil
xoJessi

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 07:54:25 pm »

*finally drops in*

Basil is INCREDIBLE *tell me he's gonna be our heir lol* Great Challenge AJ! I just can't believe she had triplets before going into elderhood. Thats gonna wear her out big time. Cheesy

My Sims Journal/Photo Album Come see what my sims are up to!

Real Sims
Sims Oasis
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2008, 10:31:04 pm »

Chapter 7 - A crowded house

Thank goodness that Basil was old enough to help out his mom with raising the twins. They were a handful, triple the diapers and bottles. Basil did get a part-time job in the medical career, because he is extremely neat and he so wanted to take that shower that his parents keep talking about. He dreams about not sponge bathing in a sink.

Lil Miss Ginger

Handson Dill

Sweet lil' Rosemary

Meanwhile Anise grew into a teenager and subsequently stopped attending school, since there was still no Jr. or Sr. highschool. Yates was getting closer to reaching the top of the education career ladder, but not just yet.

Anise

Since he had aged into an elder Yates figured it was high time he started writing down his memoirs for his children. He felt he should provide some sort of guidance for them once he was no longer living. They can only learn so much from the technical standpoint of things.

Jasper and Anise pose for a pic in the kitchen. Jasper is trying teach Anise how to cook.

Yates finally became Education Minister. Now higher education is available, but no one can go off to university until the military say it is all clear. So Anise decided that she would get started on her career in the military. She joined the ROTC since she could now go to highschool.

Even in their old age these two lovebirds are very attentive to each other.

Those toddler years go by so fast. Anise is responsible for making sure her younger siblings get a good meal. All of the girls look so much like each other, but there are small differences.

It's Tuesday, so Basil is on the phone calling Ms. Mina Winter. At first he was afraid she would be too old for him when he became an adult, but his mother assured him that there something special in the air that preserve her age until he was ready to marry her. He knew he was being groomed to become the heir, but it wasn't official yet.

Dill. Isn't he handsome. Yates showed him a book on the ocean and the fish that lived in them, so he swears that he is gonna go work in the ocean. Hmmm....I hope he can get a job in that field. Too bad he won't be able to go university.

I can't understand why these two didn't freeze while building the snowman. Anise teases Basil saying she will be the heir, but truthfully she doesn't want to be. She wants to reach the top of the military career so she move out and actually go places.

Jasper is getting up in age and she tries to spend as much time with her children as she can. She knows are days are coming to an end. She encourages Anise to read the books the she has written, because they contain lots of good information a young woman should know about.

My Apocalyse Challenge
3rd Place in The Devil
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2008, 10:22:44 am »

Wow!  All those girls look so much like young Jasper!  Looking forward to Basil wooing that older woman heh heh that should be interesting!

Coptic Text

AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2008, 08:54:40 pm »

I was hoping that at least one of the children would have Yates skin color, but I think they make have some of his bone structure. The girls are just about exact copies of Jasper with small differences. Basil definitely likes Ms. Mina Winter and he hasn't met anyone else that he likes yet.

My Apocalyse Challenge
3rd Place in The Devil
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2008, 11:03:26 pm »

The house was full of life and people. The Yearly-Tenniman family was growing up. There were school mates and friends dropping by nearly everyday. The children all learned that it was their fate to help rebuild their civilization.

The triplets grow into teens and they are a good looking bunch.

Anise can't believe that her younger sisters where now teenagers. She gathered them all for a family photo of the Yearly-Tenniman girls. You can really see how much they look like their mom.

Jasper and Yates were very proud of all of their children and they were determined to spend time with each of them. You could find them playing kicky ball or chess almost any time of the day. Jasper was especially keen on spending time with them, because she knew that soon her time with them was coming to an end. She might not have reached her lifetime goal, but she definitely did enjoy her family life.

Basil grew up into an adult. He was a bit miffed that he wasn't allowed to go to university. He worked in the medical field as a teenager and now was able to start some hands on training to become a doctor. He was determined to make it safe to take a shower and get some form of birth control. He didn't want to have as many kids as his parents did.

When Death came for her, Jasper tried to turn back time. She wasn't going without a fight, but in the end she accepted her fate. No hula dancers and pina colada for Jasper.

Basil tried to keep his younger sisters from falling apart when they saw that their mother was no longer alive. What could he do with crying girls? He was completely at a loss. Yates had taken to bed and wouldn't get up for almost two days.

Ginger was finding it hard to deal with her mothers death. She cried all the time. Rosemary tried to console her whenever she saw her breakdown. So she hides away in the bathroom to cry alone.

Yates told Basil that he and Jasper had decided that he would be the heir. They had wanted to tell him together, but unfortunately time had gotten past them. He told Basil that he would have to marry soon and start a family. Basil was sort of stunned, but he had felt that he would be chosen as heir. He knew that none of the triplets were ready and Anise didn't really want the responsibility.

Basil told his dad that he was proud to be the heir and would do his best to carry on. He was worried that the house would be to crowded for a wife and babies, but he knew it must be done. So he called the one woman he had a crush on, Ms. Winters.

Dill was doing a bit of wooing of his own. He hoped that his sister Anise would reach the top of the military career soon, so when he was growing up he might be able to either go to university or move out and get married.

Anise grows into adulthood. She is very beautiful young lady. She knows she has a big responsibility to help finish raising her younger siblings.

Being in the ROTC in highschool helps promotes her to a Junior Officer position in the military. She knows a lot rides on her doing well in this career. People would be able to do more traveling, date and go to university. She hopes to move out one day, especially since she won't be the heir.

Ms. Winters and others join the family for dinner. Basil does his best to serve a tasty meal with the hopes of impressing Ms. Winters, whose first name is Mina.

Yates was missing Jasper a lot, but he had his daughters to talk to and to play games with. He was so happy to have all of his children with him, because it made him feel less lonely. When they were at school he waited for the bus to pull up and bring them home, but usually one or two them would have to work. Yes, all teenagers were required to find work....well, Dill was having a time of it finding a job in oceanography.

Basil had asked Mina to move in and she accepted. Yates felt this was the best way for them to get to know each other, since they could not go out on dates. Soon they were falling in love with each other. He hasn't popped the question yet, but soon he will.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 11:07:58 pm by AjiDivine » Logged

My Apocalyse Challenge
3rd Place in The Devil
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2008, 09:33:56 am »

Mina is beautiful!  I can't wait to see what the next generation looks like.  

I started playing this challenge again, and I tell you the medical thing was really driving me nuts.  For two entire generations all the sims did nothing but wave at me and complain because they wanted a shower - especially the children!  I couldn't even get them to do their homework because of it and they were always cranky.  I ended up cheating and buying a shower just to get their hygeine up enough to cooperate, then I would sell it so no one else could use it.  It's much worse than the food restriction, in my opinion.  I learned to live with that one.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2008, 11:25:35 am »

Asral: I wished I had done the medical career first, because now I have a house full of people waving at me and complaining about taking a bath. That's why I had Basil look for a job as soon as he became a teen. It was pretty easy to deal with the one meal a day when Jasper was single, but I was afraid to try it with children involved.

I can hardly wait to see how generation 2 will look.

My Apocalyse Challenge
3rd Place in The Devil
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2008, 11:18:29 pm »

How did Basil manage to keep his job if he can't go to school and maintain passing grades?  I had a teen with a job once, and he got fired because he was failing school (because he wasn't allowed to go).

The food restriction isn't terribly difficult, if you plan carefully.  Sims will always eat at work or school if their hunger is half or below, so there's a free meal.  Adults and teens can meditate to freeze their stats, assuming they have enough logic to do so.  I usually prepared my one meal between 3-5 pm, having any sims who didn't work that day meditate, if necessary.  I made sure I sent all visitors home before they cooked, so they had more.  And I even made them share plates, like if two sims had finished an entire plate, and they were still a little hungry and food was left over, then they would share a plate to make sure they got nice and full.  I even counted how many bites it took to finish a hamburger!  About 14, lol.  

Weekends can be kind of tricky, especially for the kids.  My family was much smaller than yours, though.  I initially only had one child, then when she grew up she married and had one child.  The restrictions are taking a little longer, but until culinary was lifted, it helped stretch that food out.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2008, 07:00:35 pm »

Well, I ummm cheated...I could not figure out how to keep him from going to school (if I wasn't paying attention he went to school).....so I used Simlogical school changer and chose no school. But thankfully Yates completed the education career and he was able to go to highschool for a while....thus enabling him to keep his job.

I was scared not complete culinary first. It seems my married sims would roll have a baby so often and I tend to like large families.....so I usually accomodate them. And since there is suppose to be no birth control in the challenge I figured I would have a big family. I guess a smaller family would have helped make food stretch farther.

I found it difficult to time her first pregnancy with her off days....thankfully top of career days off worked. Now I think timing Basil and Mina's pregnancy's are gonna be tough.

My Apocalyse Challenge
3rd Place in The Devil
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: