Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:57:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: The Weekend Warriors Chronicles - **Piles of Bones - Part 3**  (Read 23329 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2008, 02:15:16 am »

Yay! Update!
Methinks Claymore be a n00b...
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2008, 02:34:07 pm »

Thanks, steelguy.  Glad you like it. Yes, Claymore talks a big game, but doesn't really seem to have that much experience.

Kinda lonely in this thread, eh?

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
rachel631

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2008, 03:20:59 pm »

Not lonely! I'm sure there are loads of lurkers... like me! This thread makes me smile... it makes me realise how much I used to enjoy playing D and D. Geek at heart, eh?
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2008, 04:25:05 pm »

You really think so, Rachel?  To be honest I'm thinking of pulling this story from Insim.  It doesn't seem like many people are interested.  Maybe you're right and there's a few lurkers.

Hi, lurkers!:howdy:  Hope you're enjoying it.

Thanks for the comments, by the way.  I rather miss my old D&D days.  It's been so long.  But this helps. Smiley

-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
xTERRIx

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2008, 10:32:56 pm »

OMG! claymore is such a moron, but kinda adorable in a way XD

<signature removed due to size, please refer to forum rules>
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2008, 10:58:33 pm »

Thanks, Terri.  He's a lovable dufus, lol.

discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2008, 12:34:57 am »

Astral, don't take it away! This is seriously rivalling BL&D in my top stories list. Cheesy I love Aranel. He's my favourite, because he's sarcastic and smart :lol:. You are so good at writing humourous stories, I laughed right through that whole chapter. I can't get over how pretty Astral is too. So don't give it up! If you do, you might find yourself being stalked. :lol:

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2008, 01:50:28 am »

Aw, do you really like it that much?  That's so good to hear Smiley  You've made my day, you really have.  I wouldn't give the story up, though, I would just stop telling it here.  I'll still be telling it on my blog.  I like it too much myself to give up.  But, we'll give it some more time and see how it does.   I don't think it really appeals to that many people.

I like hearing who everyone's favorite characters are.  I get a kick out of that.  Poor Claymore doesn't have too many rooting for him, but someone has to the terminal screwup, right?

steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2008, 03:49:31 am »

It might take a bit for people to catch on to it.
There are sooo many stories on the site right now, with legacies and whatever, sometimes I forget to comment on all the ones I read myself.
rachel631

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2008, 04:13:18 am »

See! Lurkers. I bet lots of people used to play D and D, too. They just won't admit it. I would get ripped at work if I confessed to my geeky past, but sometimes I just want to dust off my old half-elven ranger (yep, I had one too, but mine was black and had a bear follower) and play a game with some beers. It can't be just me!
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2008, 10:57:54 am »

You're probably right, steelguy.  I'll give it some more time.  It actually took BL&D quite awhile to catch on and I nearly pulled it a couple of times.  

Rachel - I think there really are more geeks out there than they admit.  I am not ashamed.  I am proud to be a geek.:geek:  In fact, I enjoyed it so much, I can't bear to part with all my dice and books.  I have nearly every book from the AD&D 2nd Edition from when I played in the late '80's.  They no longer make dice like I have, with sharp points like gems.  And I don't share them with my kids, lol.

steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2008, 01:06:46 pm »

Oh, I played D&D.
Sort of, anyway. We had a DM who hated the D&D rules and kept fiddling with 'em. It was a fairly loose kind of game. One of my favorite characters was a nerdy, weaselly thief/mage.
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2008, 02:05:05 pm »

I think most DMs are like that.  Ours was too, to a point.  His favorite thing to do would be to roll dice at random times and make oohs and ahhs over it, then not tell us what they it for, lol.

A mage was something I could never really identify with.  I much preferred being a warrior of some sort because I liked to get up in the front and kick the snot out of things.  Maybe I have some repressed anger issues - hmm...

discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2008, 07:05:25 pm »

I really do like it, Astral. It's like a cross between NCIS (which I've never actually watched >.<) and Firefly, set in a medieval theme? Well, that's how I see it anyway. :lol: Yep, I'm weird.

I'll admit to being a complete English geek. If someone spells something wrong or writes a grammatically incorrect sentence, be prepared for the wraith of me. Mwahaha.

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2008, 09:41:57 pm »

Oh yes, the random dice-throwing.
A favorite DM catchphrase from that time. "You're walking along the road, when suddenly..." (rattlerattlethrow) "... nothing happens!"

Yeah, planning would have been good. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: