Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 08:25:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pet modifications *UPDATED to v1.2*  (Read 13990 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nobody7382

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2008, 12:37:51 am »

OMG  Pet modifications

* Requires     : Pets
* Compatibility: The Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open For Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Store Edition, FreeTime, Apartment Life, Mansion & Garden Stuff, all Stuff Packs
* Modifications: Global (affects all lots)
* Hack Version#: 1.2

Update ( 04/12/2009 )
~~~~~~
- Fixes issue with the "Greet Everyone" interaction, when a puppy or kitten is part of the group waiting to be greeted (it was causing an animation error)

- Adds 4 new options to the _CONFIG file, so you must overwrite the old one!
- Fixes issue that prevents both wolves and skunks from showing up on all lots
- Adds ability to prevent wolf & skunk visitors on Residential Lots
- Fixes issue of strays walking by home lots way too often (way way more than a non-hacked game), instead of only visiting a small percentage of the time

Quick Info
~~~~~~~~~~
* You must also download the following addon for this hack to work correctly:

df_game_edition_addon.package
  http://www.insimenator.org/index.php?topic=94482

WARNING: The default configuration will create many more stray pets in your game.  This behavior was chosen on purpose because I love pets and I especially love strays.  Read this whole file and pay close attention to the Customizing section.  There are instructions for restoring the options back to the game defaults in order to prevent more strays from being created, if you so desire.

There are 2 other hacks available that I recommend you look for.  The first is a Pet Name hack (should be called Live.package), which gives a wider variety of random pet names to strays.  And the second is a Pet Age hack, which either increases or decreases the number of years in each stage of a pet's life.  I think pets live too long and I always find myself waiting for the elders to die.

If you want to use either of those other hacks, you should install them before running the game with my hack because my hack does generate new strays by default.  These new strays will pick up any changes made by those other 2 hacks.

A huge number of fixes and changes are included with my hack:

- Allows owned pets to visit all lots without their owners

- Allows Puppies & Kittens to show up as visitors on all lots

- Allows Sims to adopt stray Puppies & Kittens

- Enables randomization of the age (life stage) of newly created stray pets

- Allows pets from the "adoption pool" to visit lots (disabled by default)

- Allows pets in "shop display cases" to visit lots (disabled by default)

- Allows increase or decrease of the maximum number of stray pets created

- By default, increases the maximum number of stray pets to 20 dogs and 15 cats

- Speeds up selection of home walkbys on the order of thousands of times faster!

- Alters Walkby behavior to no longer favor unknown Sims (now it is random)

- Allows Young Adult Sims as walkbys on non-college residential lots

- Allows all Sims, instead of just Young Adults and College Professors, as walkbys on college residential lots (disabled by default)

- Allows Pets, Wolves, & Skunks as walkbys on all college lots

- Allows Downtownies as walkbys on non-Downtown residential lots

- Allows Pets as walkbys on college Secret Society lots (disabled by default)

- Allows Pets, Wolves, & Skunks as walkbys on Vacation House (residential) lots

- Prevents the following interactions from aborting when used with visiting (non-controllable) Puppies & Kittens on all lots:Bond, Adopt, Play With, Greet, Chase Off, Nuzzle

- Allows Puppies & Kittens to travel to and from Community Lots with your Sims (but requires a separate hack: df_allow_puppy_kitten_toddler_riders.package)

* Check out the readme.txt file for more information.

* pet_modifications.jpg (224.42 KB, 748x696 - viewed 39239 times.)
* df_pet_modifications_1.2.rar (13.11 KB - downloaded 654 times.)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 10:47:16 am by nobody7382 » Logged
aubreylaraine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 09:59:37 am »

one question. are the walkbys using the maxis schedual of 9, 11, 3, whatever? or did you give them more times? i'm running under the assumption that i will have to remove any hacks dealing with more frequent walkbys.

edit: if i had read before asking i would have known the answer to that. duh aubrey. same times, better checks.

i just wanted some clarification. am i supposed to drop both the modifications and modifications_CONFIG file in my downloads. or do i only use the config file if i want to change your default values?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 06:26:44 pm by aubreylaraine » Logged
simkitty181

I know I'm crazy, I'm know I'm crazy...I know I am

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 11:11:13 pm »

great hack Nobody!  I always wondered why maxis made it so pets don't show up on campus . . .  thanks for fixing that!
matze

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 11:57:37 pm »

Do you know the Download address from where I can get the Pet Age hack?

Thank you very much for this great mod.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 12:13:30 am by matze » Logged

Live your dreams, before it's too late.
Dan Fixx

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 03:40:29 am »

More life on the streets. Great!
Thanks.

Hi, I'm Dan.
No, I don't color between the lines.
aubreylaraine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 11:31:05 am »

inge has one on her site http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Aging.htm
Corylea
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 11:41:05 am »

Sounds like it'll make the game more interesting -- thanks!

Middle-aged professional woman still plays video games.  Film at 11.
nobody7382

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 12:49:01 pm »

Quote from: matze;1403628
Do you know the Download address from where I can get the Pet Age hack?

Thank you very much for this great mod.

I forgot there was one by Inge, though that one is missing an extra file that my new one has.  Not sure if the Inge one will mess up the ages in certain situations by missing that file, but better safe than sorry.

so you can find my own version here.
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=95658

and here is a link for the Pet naming hack.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=207539
aubreylaraine

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 01:55:21 pm »

ha, i didn't see that you had one up or i would have pointed them to that one too, sorry.

ok. so you do have to have both files in order for it to work otherwise you get errors out the wazoo and freezing upon lot load. it took a bit for it to kick in but i finally started getting pets on the lot. i didn't have any strays so it was generating them. i got two elder large dogs and one elder cat, two puppies and two kittens, the rest were adults. last night i added my downtown and colleges so i would only recognize the playable ya's. dj verse, tiffany sampson, and paul rueben visited while ajay was away at work.
i cannot say for sure about playable pets yet, as i don't have any, but everything else works as advertised so i am going to assume this does too.

this shows a lot of conflicts with tj's visitor controller but doesn't seem to actually conflict. i didn't try to ban any pets or ya's so i'm not positive.

i really appreciate you looking into this for me and anybody else that might have asked for it. it'll be a joy to be able to play with pets again. thank you.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 01:57:32 pm by aubreylaraine » Logged
Rosehrt

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 07:01:41 pm »

It shows a conflict in the hack clonfict utility with this mod and Visitor Controller mod from simbology.  I wonder if it is safe to use the Vistor Controller mod with this hack?  Does anybody know?  I would like to use the vistor controller so that teens can stay longer on commuinty lots and residential lots, and childern.  Thanks.
nobody7382

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 09:45:24 pm »

As the readme file already says, it does conflict with Visitor Controller. I've never used it because I like getting visitors. So I don't know if you can use both together. There is even a separate hack by someone on this site for children staying longer. Maybe that will work with my hack.
Rosehrt

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 10:50:16 am »

Good news I found out over at simbology, Visitor Controller mod will work fine with the Pet modifications mod as long as the Pet modifictons mode is loaded last.  It is working fine in my game with the Visitor Controller mod loading first and the Pet modifications mod loading last.
TizRus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 01:09:06 pm »

Thank you
nobody7382

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 01:03:27 am »

Version 1.1 is now available. Previous version (downloaded only 253 times - guess you all don't like pets) had an issue the prevented wolves and skunks from showing up.

And on 4/12/2009, a newer version 1.2 is out to fix a tiny issue.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 10:46:49 am by nobody7382 » Logged
lilys
Color lover.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2009, 02:13:34 pm »

Great mod to me.Now i will see puppies and kitten coming to say hello to me and I can even adopt them.So cute.Can't wait to try it out.Thanks a lot.

I'm lilys
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: