Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 11:02:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Next Question  (Read 4771 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Genevieve Peyton

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2008, 04:08:47 pm »

So....do you guys usually take a bunch of pictures throughout a sims lifetime and then make the story/captions after they have grown older? Or do you snap one picture at a time and write the caption right then and there (or right after the event has happened)? I've heard people do it both ways but wanted to know your opinions.
CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 12:32:15 am »

I typically know what's going to happen in my story and I go ahead and snap all the photos at once, then write the captions as I post the photos in my story thread.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 06:50:59 pm »

depends on what kind of story you're doing.

I usually write a story first, and then take pictures that fits the story. I like to have some control with what I'm doing, and for me the story is the most important, not the pictures - although I work a lot with the pictures, too.

But I've also done some stunts where I play a family through a little story, and snap photos when they do something fun. I've posted a few of those in my picture thread - since they're almost too short for the story thread and more for fun than a real story.

I did a long family thing once, snapping pictures throughout their lives as the family tree grew - but I never posted a story about them. It wasn't much to tell, really. Most exciting thing that happened, was that one of the families got my first ever pair of real ingame twins. Most annoying thing was that almost all the girls grew up with the exact same haircut...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 06:55:11 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Genevieve Peyton

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 02:04:27 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions guys. You're right though. I think I've been going at the story the wrong way. I need to start writing the story (at least a little bit) before I take all of the pictures.
Genevieve Peyton

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 04:03:35 pm »

What about with legacies? Do you do the same thing?
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 03:33:41 pm »

Same exact thing, but this time, you have to keep the rules of the legacy in mind.
Genevieve Peyton

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 12:30:42 pm »

Wink Thanks Rock! Maybe I'll go check out some stories here just to get my creative juices flowing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: