Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:34:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Suddenly Simmerised - The Simons Legacy - UPDATED: Chapter SEVEN!  (Read 43945 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2008, 08:07:19 pm »

[rant]GAH!! I had been writing Chapter Four since this morning, in fact I was finished and was just editing it but this stupid, piece of crap frigging laptop died and guess what - it has no recovery system! @#$%^!&*!!!! -smashes laptop- Yeah that pretty much sums up how pi$$ed I am feeling right now. And to top it all off, I have school starting tomorrow. -fumes- So the chapter will be a while. Grrr. [/rant] I'm too pi$$ed off to re-write it right now. I apologise for the delay.
-breathes- I can reply to your wonderful comments though!

Astral: Selzi is def. one of my fave creators. As for building, it's not for wont of trying! I just can't.
Sadie: I'm certainly sorry I asked lol. Still trying to get over that particular eyesore. :lol:
vickylougurl: Thank you! ESG doesn't go away, much to the annoyance of Kit.
LouieLove: Lol, thank you! Don't worry about rambling, I am a ranter. So welcome to the club!
steelguy, I didn't think to ask that, would be good to know, Sadie. Cheesy

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2008, 10:22:21 pm »

Aw, I'm so sorry, Disco.  Sad  That really bites it hard.  But I'm sure you're taking it harder than all of us, so no worries - we'll hang out and wait - it's worth it Wink

I use a different method of creating townies than Sadie (I need to try her method and see which I like better!) - but when I do it, it just creates new ones.  The old ones stay, and I've been known to (ahem) dispose of them.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2008, 01:21:28 am »

Oh noes, the death of the computer kills the story. Seen that before, though at least this time it's just the one episode, not the entire story.

Umm... right?
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2008, 10:04:15 am »

Ouch. Hate it when that happens :pale: This is why back-up's important though - and why I have my hard drive partitioned so files are kept away from your system files (which, as you've learned the hard way, don't tend to hang around). Keep your game files, pictures etc. on a different partition, so when you need to reformat the files will stay put Smiley

As for your other question, sadly it just makes new ones. There are tutorials on MATY about customising your neighbourhood, as well as one called Deleted 2 for when you want every trace of your sim gone from existence (methods like deleteallcharacters leave bits and pieces of useless data in your hood).

Good luck in your updates, anyway.

No requests please
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2008, 11:43:14 pm »

Ah, thanks for your concern! Cheesy
Heh, yeah, at least it was just the chapter. Actually, my game and saved picures are on the PC, I was just using my mothers' laptop to write and collaborate it because the pictures are already uploaded to photobucket. It's just the writing I lost, and the PC actually has a recovery system for unsaved things incase of a power cut or something. As usual, my patience is thin and it uh..set me off?!

[moaning/venting - don't read lol] And then there's the colossal mountain of homework that has taken me two hours, and I still have to study and do piano practice... meh![/end moaning/venting]
This is a brilliant excuse to procrastinate! :lol:

So... 'Kill all townies/NPC's' doesn't work then? I have seen some tutorials on MATY... just haven't had the time (or patience) to read them yet. Cheesy
Off to write... and this time I'll save it!

discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2008, 02:52:03 am »

Ok, finally finished writing it. Not entirely happy with it, but meh.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Four: Cool Catchy Chapter Name Goes Here

Snow. The bane of my existence. Most people like snow. I’m not one of those. Especially when my ‘home’ doesn’t have walls or a roof. I was pretty sure my dear friend ESG didn’t control the weather (though I wouldn’t put it past him) so it seemed nature was against me too. Well, I can assure you, the feeling was mutual.

Benjamin’s invasion had some advantages. Well, three exactly.
1) it provided an excellent excuse to go shopping for some much needed retail therapy (hey, it was an enclosed building with central heating). Ah, bliss.

2) Benjamin of course, was subjected to my excellent fashion sense and a decent haircut. He didn’t turn out half bad. It seemed I had some talent. Maybe I should have pursued a career in the beauty industry? No, I loved my culinary pursuits and ample wages too much to give it up. As for Benji, there was still the rather prominent issue of his nose, which no amount of makeup could fix. Still, he at least had a killer outfit.

Thirdly, he added his sizable fortune (a cool 19,000 simoleans to be exact) to mine. That certainly sweetened the deal. I had been planning to shell out for a whole new wardrobe, but as usual ESG ruined my perfectly sensible plans. I hadn’t realised what was going on until he’d already finished. One moment I was stamping my numb feet in the snow, wondering whether or not I should huddle with beak-nose for warmth (a moment of weakness, I admit) then: BAM. I was staring at the suspicious structure that was supposed to be my new home. The nerve of it!

Ok, I was a tiny bit grateful to have four walls and something covering my head, but I sure as hell wasn’t going to let ESG know that. He had an ulterior motive, I was sure of it. This was the devil incarnate, and he didn’t do things out of the kindness of his black, empty heart. Sure enough, his motive manifested that very night when beak-nose and I were talking. With horror, I noticed he was slowly getting down on one knee…Oh please no! “Kit Simons, you are the love of my life. Will you… Marry me?” I admit, I hesitated in my refusal. He had been chivalrous and kind, but he’d also been a slob and didn’t appreciate my beautifully cooked food (cheek!). “Beak… I mean, er, Ben, I don’t think…” I was halfway through when ESG (of bloody course) snuck in. Then my mouth wasn’t my own. “Of course I’ll marry you Benji!” and I’m ashamed to say the smile was only half-faked.

Changing my hair gave me a welcome distraction… But not for long. I really had to find a solution to the whole ESG possession thing, because it was starting to compromise my future children (yes I had come to terms with it). If ESG’s purpose for me was to… ah, procreate, beak-nose wasn’t exactly the best candidate for it. I figured if I gave ESG what he wanted (the future generation) I had a chance of making it out of this place. I just didn’t want to make little pixel babies with beak-nose. It wasn’t personal, it was just, he was so messy and then that nose… Ok, it was a little personal. What can I say? It’s for the benefit of my future children.

My efforts to get him to break off the engagement proved fruitless. I tried to drive him to madness by constantly interrupting his reading, acting like the perfect idiotic sim. “Hey Ben! Look, I’m reading too!” No such luck. He simply smiled his goofy smile. Ugh.

Then I acquired a computer and sent fake love e-mails to myself from various ‘boyfriends’ and what did he say? “It’s nice you’re making such enthusiastic friends, Kit.” If I didn’t know better, I’d say he knew I’d made it up, and thought I was trying to make him jealous  to get him to pay more attention to me. But he was too much a dim-witted sim for that, right?

I even cut off my hair, because beak-nose always said he loved my long, brown hair and a new outfit - he hated purple. But no, he was even happier with my new ‘do, said purple looked good on me (well it did) and for the first time he ate one of my omelets. What was happening?!

Just when I thought beak-nose had changed into a more intelligent pixel man (influenced by the one and only) I was proved wrong. It was the middle of winter and he decided he’d take a ‘refreshing’ dip. In the sea. That almost had a layer of ice over it from the cold. Refreshing, all right.

It was sunny that day, and even I ventured out to the balcony to brush up on my creativity, as I was moving up in the culinary field. I was enjoying it so much I didn’t realize how dark it had gotten until I looked up, the sun had set long ago.

I saw something pale move from the corner of my eye, and turned my head to see Benjamin staggering out of the sea, his skin tinged a worrying grey, enough to make me a little concerned.

I started going down the stairs, onto the beach, thinking he better get inside before he caught pneumonia or something… Then he started convulsing. I ran towards him, and heard my voice calling his name hysterically, but my mind was in denial. Surely, he’d just fainted from cold.

I was too late. Ben wasn’t unconscious… He... was… Dead. It was ESG who had neglected him –not on purpose, since he’d been determined Ben would father the next generation-, he’d died from cold and starvation. Benjamin had been ugly, annoying, messy and a pain. I’d wanted him gone, but not dead.

”What a pity. Not to worry, there are plenty more uglier fish in the sea.” ESG chuckled at his own lame pun. There wasn’t even a  hint of remorse or guilt in his voice, even though it was completely his fault. It dawned on me however, that for once he was right. There were plenty of fish in the sea. Ben’s death had been a blessing in disguise… The legacy wasn’t doomed to ugly children yet...!

My new optimism for other fishes fizzled out pretty quickly. The male pickings were slim. They were either ugly enough to make beak-nose look like a gift to genetics, or had taken a few more happy pills than the rest of us, like this one.

And that was just looks; I hadn’t even started on the personality traits. Ruling out sloppy, lazy, and ones unappreciative of gourmet cooking certainly narrowed down my options – this one looked ok, but he was too anxious. I was anxious enough. It was all too much effort, and I slumped home disheartened.

Marylena offered me grief counseling, though I was better off than I let on. I managed to convince her the first steps towards healing my grief was to give her a makeover, and hopefully fix the creepy blue-grey tint to her skin. That brought back unpleasant memories of the previous nights events.

If I wasn’t so in love with food, I would definitely consider beauty as a career path. Surprisingly, prettifying Marylena did make me feel better, and she was pleased with it. Now we had both gained promotions, smell was no longer an issue and now she’d had her hair done properly, she was a good catch for the pixel men. Maybe we could even go sim-hunting together. Hope was not lost yet.

Ah, who am I kidding? I was going to remain alone for the rest of my existence in this accursed place. No sim would ever love me. No sim would ever marry me. No sim would ever be good enough to father my future children. I was going to die an old, barren spinster. –sob-

----------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 09:55:50 pm by discowhipped » Logged

vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2008, 11:50:33 am »

aww...poor Ben....ESG is truly cruel!  I think she needs to keep looking for the right sim.

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
Music_Is_Life

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2008, 04:42:47 pm »

Have I posted in here yet? I don't know. Anyway, I've been lurking and I love this legacy.

It may be horrible to say, but at least now the future generations won't end up with that nose. *shudders*
LouieLove

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2008, 04:52:48 pm »

Ahh, you scared me I thought you where actually going to make the future kids have..that nose

Rock“All the lonely people, where do they all come from? / All the lonely people, where do they all belong?- Beatles” Rock
Evil Call Me Maddie  Evil
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2008, 10:06:15 pm »

Lol, you guys didn't really think I'd let Kit marry beak-nose did you? This legacy is much too dependent on looks. :lol:

2bweird: Thank you! Who's saying she doesn't die a spinster? Mwahaha.
vickylougurl: Well, she could die alone, you know. I think that would make ESG even crueller.
Music_Is_Life: I don't think I've seen you on this thread, but welcome! And thank you. Kit was thinking the same thing lol.
LouieLove: Hehe, I'm glad I surprised someone!

Thank you all! Cheesy

steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2008, 12:45:36 am »

Dying alone would kind of kill the legacy though.
Narrow escape, there.
TwistedPrincess

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2008, 02:27:33 am »

Awww. Poor beaknose. Can't wait to see who she ends up with.
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2008, 04:53:50 am »

*Looks up* Three New Zealanders in one thread! *waves*
Starwish001

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2008, 06:16:20 am »

How cruel is that ESB? But, maybe she will find someone actually nice? I hope so:)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 12:50:55 pm by Starwish001 » Logged

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2008, 12:04:13 pm »

Oy!  I was surprised and horrified when Ben moved in, and prayed he'd somehow receive some sort of plastic surgery, lol!  But I was actually quite surprised that ESG would kill him off!  I wanted him gone, but not dead, too.  Wait a minute.  I've been known to go on a killing spree of all the icky Maxis townies and make my own.  I've killed Ben at least twice already, possibly more.  Eh, I guess I don't care that he's gone, lol!  But I sure hope Kit finds some nice prospects.

I was trying to find some pictures of the downtownies, but I can't seem to.  A couple of good breeding stock you'll find wandering around downtown are:
-A guy with shaggy blonde hair and big green glasses - wears a red shirt
-A guy that wears a snakeskin jacket with a pink bandana - he also has a short afro hair style and sunglasses

Their names are always different in every person's game (and every neighborhood you create) Give these two a makeover - you'd be surprised what you find underneath!  Before I made my own townies, I was thinking of using one of them for my legacy. - still might, actually.

-Since you have Bon Voyage - A dark skinned man (I think his name is Jim Reeves) that runs around in a grass skirt on Twikii Island - I've been wanting to breed him for awhile...sigh.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: