Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:09:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A very simple way to correct the beach lot bug in AL  (Read 2096 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dizzymental

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2008, 03:05:28 am »

This answers a question I saw on here.

I very much doubt if I'm the first to figure this out. I bet hundreds of sim players more code-savvy than me have sussed this out by now, but here it is anyway in case people were annoyed, like I was, the first time they suffered the dreaded beach lot bug in apartment life - where your apartment on the beach sinks and the sea floods it.

To fix the problem, this is what I did:

Opened Simpe to check out the lot descriptions of the apartment/beach lot into which I just moved a family. There were two copies of the same lot. One I figured was the main one, the base one, if you like. The other one was the parallel universe one into which I just moved my simfamily. Checking the elevation number of that one I could see that  it was different. It's the Z: box in Simpe.  So all I had to do was change it, make it the same as the other lots. The correct elevation is: 315.9375. And on returning to the game the apartment/beach lot was correctly elevated. Seemed simple, or even SIMpe Smiley ... well, until I realised that every time I moved a simfamly into an apartment on the same lot, the same thing happens and you have to correct it for each family.

I hate Simpe though. It's so slooooooooow on my machine that it usually just gives up and crashes. Frustrating.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 03:08:20 am by Dizzymental » Logged
megativity13

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 12:31:42 pm »

There's a good tutorial with more info and pics here
http://linna.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=302405

feed the hungry while testing your vocabulary
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 01:22:58 pm »

Oh well somebody beat me to it. LOL. Like I said, I knew lots of people would have sussed this out long before I did. Still, hope it helps people who didn't have a clue how to fix the problem.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: