Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 05:34:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bookcase problem  (Read 1723 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lilibet

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2008, 10:20:19 am »

My Sims cannot study any of the new things on the bookcase.  I tell them to study one of those new items and they take the book out, sit down and then jump up like they had been shot out of a cannon and the book is gone.  They did that when Free Time came out and parenting was one of the things to study but when the renewed Monique's computer was released that cured the problem and they could study parenting.  Now I have the updated computers and my Sims still can't study fire prevention, etc.  I'm thinking it is probably two downloads I have that I have tried repeatedly to get rid of and cannot locate them in the downloads.  They are Wintermuel's mailbox and newspaper hacks.  They show up in red when I start my game, but are apparently listed in some obscure way in the downloads themselves so I can't locate them to get rid of them.  Can anyone tell me how to find them and take them out because they don't seem to be doing any good.  Any remarks or help would be appreciated.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 12:10:48 pm »

Use Clean Installer to scan your Downloads folder.  Sort by Type.  You'll want to find the files with no type that have file names of 32 characters length of what appear to be random numbers and letters.  Chances are these are hacks that were picked up from downloaded lots.  All CC from downloaded lots have names similar to this, but they usually have types in CI also.

Once you find the ones with no type, you can either delete them outright with CI or move them to a folder outside of the game folders if you think you might lose something you want with the delete.

I've notice with the last couple of EPs that sims have become more likely to not start reading if even one motive is low.  Once they start, there's usually no problem in continuing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: