Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 04:13:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SecuROM and cd/dvd drives  (Read 1395 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ZarinaDrac

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2008, 12:13:11 pm »

I'm not sure whether or not this should be here or not.

At one point I was one of the naive who played their games with the original cds instead of making no-cd cracks, blithely unaware of the fact that I'd allowed SecuROM to attack my precious computer.

Recently I noticed that my dvd rom drive does not read dvds, both store-bought and dvds of home videos. Is it at all possible that SecuROM is the problem for this, or could it be something else?

I'm extremely grateful for any opinions.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 08:45:00 pm »

It might be. You might check out the links in my sig. One can never tell with EA.

Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 08:51:58 pm »

If your CD/DVD rom is a CDR/DVDR then it is a good guess that its SecuROM! Heck once I installed Teens, I couldn't even use My Rom at all. It disabled my DVD-R untill i fully rebooted my system. They have a porgram hidden deep over at thesims2 to remove it but I forgot where the link is now.
ZarinaDrac

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 02:49:48 pm »

Yeah, I've gotten rid of securom since, and no longer have the games on my system, but the drive still doesn't work. Is the only option to reboot the entire system?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: