Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:54:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dog and cat pet age duration  (Read 5605 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nobody7382

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2008, 12:45:04 pm »

OMG  Dog and cat pet age duration

* Requires     : Pets
* Compatibility: Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, FreeTime, Apartment Life, & Teen Style Stuff, Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff, IKEA Home Stuff
* Modifications: Global (affects all pets on all lots)
* Hack Version#: 1.0

Quick Info
~~~~~~~~~~
Do you find that your pets live too long?  Or maybe they don't live long enough for your Sims to fully enjoy them?

Maybe you wish your pet could be a cute little puppy or kitten for just a little bit longer.  Or perhaps you have grown tired of that old dog laying around the house for 7 years always on the brink of death.

This hack decreases the lifespan of pets for their adult and elder life stages.  Without a hack, pets can live up to 41 years which is very unrealistic compared to real life where most pets are lucky to reach even 15-20.  The human ages in the game are more realistic, being 60-70 on average.  So the hack is decreasing (by default) the pet ages for the sake of realism and to make the game more enjoyable (not having a house full of pets that seem to live forever).

* Check out the readme.txt file for more information.

* df_dog_and_cat_pet_age_duration.rar (2.18 KB - downloaded 445 times.)

* pet_age_duration.jpg (77.39 KB, 600x450 - viewed 885 times.)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 05:41:44 am by nobody7382 » Logged
matze

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 12:03:45 am »

You're so right. Of course we love our pets and we hope, they would live forever, but in game it is a bit too long. Thank you very much.

Live your dreams, before it's too late.
nikki.g

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 01:28:17 am »

thats a really good idea! i try to avoid pets cause they live to long and they get annoying lol And a question....how do you know how old your dog/cat/sim is??(i hope its ok to ask here)

Thanks

It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality i accept!
[/SIZE]
freeminiwe

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 09:07:23 am »

Big thanks!:angel:
MoronStyle7

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 12:02:31 pm »

Thats a shame that Polly will eventually die *extreme sobs*!
Thanks for the much more realistic mod.
nobody7382

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 03:50:01 pm »

Quote from: nikki.g;1404738
thats a really good idea! i try to avoid pets cause they live to long and they get annoying lol And a question....how do you know how old your dog/cat/sim is??(i hope its ok to ask here)

I am sure you know about how to select a pet and then hold the mouse over the life stage icon (above the date/time on the user interface bar). But that only shows how many days are left in that life stage.

If you wanted to know the exact number of days that the pet has been alive, I don't think there is a way to check that inside of the the game. Maybe SimPE can show you though.
odettesmom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 12:24:17 pm »

Great idea, thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: