Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:46:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mia's Odyssey - Chapter 13  (Read 9724 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Rock Chick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2008, 04:01:10 pm »

Chapter 12
Jassu’s face suddenly went very ashen..”Oh no....our mission......gah !!! A fine bodyguard I turned out to be” he started pacing up and down the walkway, muttering to himself.....

”Lady Celina!....we. ...we lost her....”
Mia pulled a face..”GOOD!!!” she snapped...Luna touched her arm looking concerned.
“No Mia....our memories are returning now...think hard....she is the reason we are here.”
Mia closed her eyes..Seeing flashes of places...a thriving city..Grand buildings...inside a white room with ornate walls and vaulted ceiling.....
“The high council” She croaked......all her lost memories now seemed to bombard her at once, their mission to investigate criminal activities, all the disappearances...whole villages deserted...the scent of death , slavery and corruption overcame her as she slumped to her knees....

“I can’t believe I forgot....”

Mikki helped her to her feet smiling, “Yeah well we all did....poor Luna was the only one who remembered...just couldn’t tell us..”

“We were all so weak....”Malandra shook her head. “I feel my honour has been damaged...almost beyond repair”......she looked out at the dark forest..”My senses are playing tricks on me....the trees are ancient , yet not born here, they seem displaced and disquieted.....it is...twisted”

“Talking to trees as usual when we have a more pressing purpose” snapped J assu...still pacing , wracked with guilt over succumbing to the mysterious mind control in the first village...he was of the elite warrior caste,...how would he ever face his clan again having failed so incredibly to keep Lady Celina safe.
“A party of us will leave at dawn to begin the search” Mia announced. She felt stronger by the minute..She wondered about Allora too....her oldest and closest friend...what dark magicks had made them forget each other and everything they held dear so completely.

Meanwhile, Allora and Nate trudged on through deeper and deeper undergrowth....

“You know...the lights fading....we should turn back right?”  Nate whispered hoarsely, sweat was dripping down his face...heart gripped tight , it felt as though it would burst right in his chest at any moment.
Allora looked at him..”I already tried to retrace our steps....the forest plays tricks with us”

Nate’s felt dizzy..”Oh no...You mean we been going round in circles......or maybe you just don’t want to admit you’re lost”
“I admit freely we are lost Nate....we have no choice but to keep moving.....”
“Harder to hit a moving target right?” Nate was lapsing into sarcasm like he did when he was low...he disliked himself for it...”Ok ok....look...how about we climb up one of these big ass trees and get some sleep for a little”
Allora lowered her head sadly....”There is no more safety in the branches than on the ground in this place.”
“We should remain silent......we must guard against attracting ..anything” Allora added whispering, she took a deep breath and began to pick her way through the waist high plant-life again.
Nate took a couple long careful strides to meet her face to face.
“Look, I apologise for being rude...you have done a lot for me...I appreciate it very much.....I” Nate explained......
Allora was suddenly wide eyed, looking past his right shoulder.........almost inaudibly she breathed

“Nate...do not move...and do not look behind you”

Back in their new found sanctuary, Kai couldn’t sleep...he was trying to remember how he came to this weird place...what creatures made those terrifying sounds in the still of the night...he could remember nothing...what had happened to him that all memories of any family , friends , work...anything..were so deeply erased.

He hadn’t been injured...it didn’t look or feel like there was any damage to his head or anything....he stood up  and made his way outside for a breath of fresh air...
Mia was standing still looking out over the forest again.

“So...I like the new outfit” he grinned....Mia snapped into consciousness and blushed, looking down at herself for a moment.....”Oh this old thing” she grinned...
Kai was relieved, it was the first time in ages she’d smiled at him or even looked him in the eye. Her face fell suddenly..

“What’s up...apart from the obvious lost in the spooky woods of doom...” Joked Kai
Mia smiled a little...”Kai, there’s some things I need to explain..some things you may not wish to hear...but I swear they are the truth”
Kai braced himself....”You’re married? Er...you prefer girls? What?”
Mia looked a little shocked...”That was not quite what I meant......and...no...and no.....back to the point...seriously Kai”
“Ok shoot, “ Kai was secretly relieved he still had a chance..but by the look in her eyes, making a move had to wait.
“You are not from here...”

Kai chuckled ..”No shit”
“Kai please....this is difficult” Mia moved closer and touched his arm lightly..
“Ok sorry...”
Mia took a deep breath and looked into his eyes sadly...
“By means I do not yet understand, You and Zephyr ..and no doubt the two missing men in your company were extracted from your world and brought to ours...to the most lawless and mistrusted part of it unfortunately..I am not certain why...the others and myself were on a mission to explore and investigate reports of criminal activity”
Kai said nothing...she seemed to really mean what she was saying...pity it made her sound as crazy as the others..

“I know you don’t believe me Kai...I see it in your face...but believe this...there is no way for you to return to your own world...not ever...for that I am so deeply sorry...and I promise we will help you make a good life here on Desai....I give my word.”

Mia waited for a reply...there was none as she’d expected..save Kai shaking his head and disappearing into the dark.

Rock Chick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2008, 07:42:19 am »

Chapter 13

Nate felt a burning hot puff of rank breath on the back of his neck....something big blotted out the moonlight from behind him....Allora was slowly backing away a little...she seemed to be staring above his head into the face of something bad...very very bad.....she was quivering as she slowly raised her hands in front of her.........”Nate”...she hissed......”Please be as still as you can......and when I give the word...stoop low and and run behind me...”
Nate just stared at her..frozen to the spot...
Allora suddenly yelled his name and a huge streak of what looked like lightening, leapt from each hand and flashed over the top of his head....

“NATE!!!! Get behind me... hurry!!!!” she shrieked...Nate ran..more because whatever was behind him was now roaring in what seemed like pain...the force of whatever Allora had done had knocked the creature backwards...Nate was confused...he never ran...he was a soldier..and a damn good one.. that much he remembered...and here he was running behind a woman, no weapon, no idea what was attacking...
Again bolts of light flew into the immense shadowy beast..the roar it made when hit was ear shattering........

Nate watched helplessly as Allora sent wave after wave of lightning at their assailant..It bent over double howling ...lurching towards them with its hide smouldering..The acrid stench of burning flesh filled their nostrils as the creature landed on the ground a few feet before them, still snarling dragging itself nearer with enormous claws..A last bolt between the eyes and the creatures’ face lacerated...spraying the ground cover with blood, it screamed as it was fatally wounded...twitching slowly..Finally it’s last agonised breath escaped and all was deathly silent....

Nate looked in disbelief at the steaming carcass of the monster and then to Allora...she was slumped on the ground where she’d been standing..Clearly exhausted...

“Are you hurt?” Nate sat with her...his mind whirling with fear and amazement...she look at him sombrely..”I am unharmed....my powers are still not at full strength.....and you? “

“Girl....we need to talk....”

Allora smiled..”He was stalking us for a long time....now at least we can rest awhile....my question is Nate...are you ready now to listen”

Nat nodded, sitting more comfortably opposite her...

“Where would you have me start?” She asked...
Nate sighed, he leant back and looked up at the stars ...”This place....is..I mean...are we on earth....man I sound crazy askin that”
Allora smiled slightly.”Not at all crazy Nate...it’s the rational thing to ask...and I regret to say...no....this world is called Desai...your world is far far from here...and I fear you can never return to it..”
Nate closed his eyes..”Am I dead?..dreaming?....maybe I’m trippin....I guess my friends spiked my drink right??”
“Tell me..do you recall anything before you woke here...in the village? “

He shook his head..”See that’s the thing..I cant...I mean I know my name..I know I’m a soldier...but not anything else...do you think I had a family? I can’t remember anything...do you think they might be  missing me?”

“If you did , it will seem to them you died...they will grieve for you and honor your memory..but all the memories of your life  up to this point are forever lost to you...I am so sorry” Allora wiped a tear away.
“Hey don’t worry about me....I guess the only way is forward..I mean..I can’t feel anything...I can’t remember...it’s all just blank. How can I grieve for that?”

Allora stood up , feeling better..”I promise we will find those responsible for taking you, and punish them for taking your memories away....perhaps in time you will settle here and make new ones..that’s what I would hope”
Nate joined her...”So what the heck was that thing? How did you get that stuff to shoot out your hands ? You a witch or something?”
Allora and her confused companion began walking slowly again, “I was born a sorceress...I was employed by our rulers, the High Council of Desai....to uncover the mysteries of this continent..and that was a bandersnatch...luckily a whelp...their eyesight is bad so they track prey by smell and sound..even so , it can still dissolve your head in its mouth whilst your legs are still running away...we were lucky...I don’t sense anything else is hunting us at present...when we find a suitable place..we’ll rest”
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 06:26:59 am by Rock Chick » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: