Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:48:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Grim Reaper Glitch?  (Read 8403 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
EddyGirl

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2008, 01:29:07 am »

so the grim reaper has been playing chess in one of my houses for about 15 'days' or so now. and one of my sims have 'died' and the grim reaper is just sitting at the chess board and i cant get him to leave. i can play chess, but it's like my sims are playing themselves, but when they leave, the grim reaper starts playing again.

does anyone know why this happen(s) or how to remedy it?
Elven_Ranger
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 02:01:33 am »

Well, that's an intresting glitch! Presumably ol' grimmy shows up properly on other lots right? Have you accidently clicked him into 'add to family' via cheat's? Also have you left the lot and gone back in?
If, youve added him to the family then your stuck with it, as he will not properly add to the family. However under most cercumstances you can turn the cheat 'moveobjects on' and select Grimmy and delete him like you would a piece of furniture, save, exit & re-enter the lot.

I am THE LLAMA! Fear my spit.... wrath! I mean wrath!!!

Join the ANIMAL ARMY
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 03:37:37 am »

You could try using this hack: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=140314

It will allow you to click on sims that do not belong to the household. You could control the grim reaper and while he's playing chess you can turn off the action.

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
EddyGirl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 03:43:25 am »

i have trying leaving and re-entering the lot, going to a community lot, and nothing has seemed to work.

also, with the cheats, when i try to hit ctrl+shift+c, it doesnt do anything. D:

stupid cheat bar not showing up.

but thank you guys! i will try all that stuff, and see if it works.

[edit: so that link isnt working. D: i think i'm just never destined to get the grim reaper outta the house. lol

but something that i havent tried is 'killing' another sim in another lot and seeing if he shows up.]
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 03:48:38 am by EddyGirl » Logged
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 08:58:51 pm »

Quote from: EddyGirl;1405982
i have trying leaving and re-entering the lot, going to a community lot, and nothing has seemed to work.

also, with the cheats, when i try to hit ctrl+shift+c, it doesnt do anything. D:

stupid cheat bar not showing up.

but thank you guys! i will try all that stuff, and see if it works.

[edit: so that link isnt working. D: i think i'm just never destined to get the grim reaper outta the house. lol

but something that i havent tried is 'killing' another sim in another lot and seeing if he shows up.]

I don't believe it's a game glitch.  You might have missed a message where GrimReaper tells you he's going to hang out for a bit after your sim died (sometimes they dont stay on the screen long).  I saw the message so I knew he was going to stay a while.

In my case Riley had won Mickeys life back and Grim said he just had to stay and see what made these mere mortals special--- that they could defeat him; so he announced he'd be staying to learn their secret.

If you click on him it says you can "ask him to leave" but I figured if I did he'd only stay out of spite, lol.   I just went with it.  I had Riley, Mickey and the kids play chess with him, pumped up thier logic skills.  After about 3 weeks he left without a word. I never tried any other fun interactions with him but it'd be interesting to.

So it could just be natural game progression...hope that helps.

P.S. Also cheats dont pull up until you complete Rileys story. Once you do then the cheats work in both Riley's and Vince's stories
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 09:01:36 pm by DaSpecial1 » Logged

Sims by Dasi:

EddyGirl

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 01:26:12 am »

thanks thats good info. that does help a lot

and yeah, i've actually finished both stories in the first day of the game. lol

but the shift ctrl c still isnt working. D:
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 01:31:10 am »

The shift ctrl c won't work in story mode Smiley

If you have a question about my mods post it here
EddyGirl

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 01:49:24 am »

you are brilliant. lol

i will try that.
EddyGirl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 02:10:48 am »

so i tried it and it still isnt working...

it keeps bringing up this PC Health Checker thing in windows i guess. D:

sometimes vista still sucks.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 11:22:20 pm »

Quote from: Squinge;1412405
The shift ctrl c won't work in story mode Smiley

~ {I'm using XP Professional btw dont know if that makes a difference}~

If by story mode you mean you can only use it after the stories are unlocked that is what I meant as well :happy8:.

I'm continuing both stories so I meant the cheats are open once Riley's story is unlocked.

I 've never played in freeplay because expanding Rileys Neighborhood has been a blast.  I'm no expert--I can only tell you that I never tried it the cheat until I had completed Riley and unlocked her rewards.  After that point her neighborhood is open to play freely & I was able to use the cheats in both (meaning as I continue to play out their lives).  

Don't know if that is considered "freeplay" because the game has you select Freeplay, Riley's story, or Vince's story each time you play.  I've never used the actual freeplay choice.

Eddy, In the beginning (4 months ago) I had all kinds of issues that I never could resolve. I went through a LOT of steps and online searching so I really didn't mean to oversimplify it; the problem we shared just happened to be the last in my series.  

Here's the actual chain of events:

First the game continually crashed (and that was when I first purchased it. Simple uninstall didn't work, EA cust service never sent me anything more than commercials but did direct me to search for the answer myself on their site. It was a bit like connect the dots but I finally found several posts there that suggested I might need to delete my EA dl manager as well (which btw takes your copy of the game with it).

During my purchase I had paid the extra fee for the "in-case-you-ever-damage-your-EA-PC-dl-or-computer-and-need-a-new-copy" thingy, lol (that's how they get ya)... so I didn't stress over losing the original copy; otherwise I'd probably still be waiting for a refund or an answer.

I finally tried first uninstalling the game totally, then also uninstalled the EA dl manager, then did a system restore to before I first had the game, then re-installed the EA manager and got my new copy of SLS.

Then (Whew!:sad4:) after I finished Riley's story I had the problem another SLS user had with the lots...and solved it.
--->http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=95071
So I actually had two months where my game was virtually unusable~ then I found this site.  

So just bear in mind I'm only a formerly-frustrated SLS user trying to help a few out with the info that helped me.

As a side note:

:blob6:

*I've added some great things to the game using the threads/suggestions & mods here that work great. So far in my own little experiments seems like if the mod works in the base game you can use them in Lifestories.

Mind you guys I say so far it seems like... remember this is totally new for me.

Also I am NOT using a laptop.  Not frowning on laptops~ just saying I happen to have a comp with a considerable amount of ram and a good sized memory.  So it could be that the mods that work or run smoothly in SLS for me may slowdown laptops or PC's with less space.  Anyone ever want to see the pics of the machines /mods in use let me know.

I'm just testing and enjoying all the great bells and whistles the talents here have created. :worship:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 11:50:21 pm by DaSpecial1 » Logged

Sims by Dasi:

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 12:26:54 am »

Quote from: DaSpecial1;1413727
If by story mode you mean you can only use it after the stories are unlocked that is what I meant as well :happy8:.
Yes that is what I meant Cheesy

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: