Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 05:29:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Character portraits  (Read 7669 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
short2cake

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 08:51:26 pm »

Ok.  Of course I have no idea how any of that works so I thought I'd ask.

I've only seen that pose once.  I used the agesims cheat to age a zombie down (way back when Uni came out) to child to see if they would retain the zombie skintone when aged back up.  When I aged them back up they had that crucified pose...freaky.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 08:57:25 pm »

The pose is freaky but it is at least acceptable for me so I don't have to see the game switching the poses on me every time the Sim changes clothes or wear their bathing trunks or outerwear.

But still.. the game is trying to switch poses.. Not much with just two poses.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
short2cake

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 09:03:37 pm »

It's not so much the poses I mind, they change again so soon you don't have to look at any one in particular for that long anyway.  It's the lag.
I have a sims that know a lot of other folks and whenever I go to the relationship panel or use the phone book, the lag from it having to update all those thumbnails is ridiculous.

I don't even know why EA would include something like that.  It's not like people were begging for a "feature" like this.  But leave it to EA to not fix what's broken and add stuff that's ignorant.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 09:38:16 pm »

Agreed 100%. This was something many of us DID NOT want. And to see that this issue wasn't addressed in the patch notes is indicating that they don't give a rat's arse about us and what we want.

At least the temp mod I have in place will keep me happy until they get around to fixing it 10 years later.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 04:13:34 pm »

Dizzy's come up with a solution, found here - be warned though, from what he says it's not fixable in packages; he had to fix the .exe itself. You'll need to read through the thread for instructions and support.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 07:18:00 pm by Squinge » Logged

No requests please
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2008, 04:39:55 pm »

I wouldn't use a modified .exe myself.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2008, 04:49:47 pm »

After I read the thread you posted about the "possible" fix to the issue with the UI portraits changing constantly in AL, I have some doubts. He hinted that these .exe hacks are for the no-cd cracked version of Sims 2. That was my general impression.

He did not say if the .exe hacks apply to the digital EP or not. Because I downloaded AL digitally.

I would say be very careful and read the instructions thoroughly before applying something that directly modifies the game code in that manner.

I will ask in that thread about these .exe hacks and find out if they can be used for the digital version of Sims 2 with no cracked cd hack.

EDIT:

I decided not to try one of those .exe hacks because I don't want to ruin my game files and whatnot after doing hard work setting up the game the way I want it to run. Right now, my mod is doing the same job reasonably well and is safer to use in the Downloads folder. Once I find that one anim pose to replace with, then the mod is considered tested and done. If anyone wants to use this alternative safely, please do let us know.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 05:16:44 pm by Chaavik » Logged

Dancing Squirrels
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2008, 07:19:46 pm »

I am locking this thread that fix is for nocd hacks which you can't post on this site Smiley

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: