Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:16:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Silent Startup & Loading Game.  (Read 6860 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2008, 12:52:02 pm »

I have been so happy with all the mods made by you, I think your work is wonderful and amazing!

However the one thing about the game is bugging me, and I have tried Carrigon's but it doesn't work. I have hopes that you are able to make a silent startup for Freetime, cause I think the music is creepy and irritating.

Hope, hope, hoping... :pray:

:laugh:

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Sparklietrails

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 05:52:44 pm »

Hmmmm..... not to be a smartalek, but this is what I do, put it on the headphones and walk away. Listen to my mp3 player while it's loading, or you could mute it..... Just some thoughts...:love1:

:notsmili:
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 11:13:25 pm »

Hmm.. not to be a smart alec.. People have different preferences. If they want a silent startup with no music/or yes music while loading mod, then they will have that.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 12:07:21 am »

Quote from: Sparklietrails;1409380
Hmmmm..... not to be a smartalek, but this is what I do, put it on the headphones and walk away. Listen to my mp3 player while it's loading, or you could mute it..... Just some thoughts...:love1:

I know that I can put in headphones and walk away, but while my game is loading the sound from the loading music is primarily used by the sound card. I would like to surf the net for music or look at YouTube while loading, and the sounds from the game music and any other site will conflict.

Thanks so much Chaavik for your response. :love4:

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 12:11:14 am »

I will try to do this but you will have to test it Cheesy

If you have a question about my mods post it here
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 05:46:48 am »

No problems with that! Kinda wanted an excuse to restart my game anyway. :laugh:

tizerist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 08:01:37 am »

I know how to do this, and have sworn by it for a while.

If you delete the following files from your TSData>Res>Sound folders OF EACH SIMS GAME/SP/EP, you will get no music apart from turning on stereos.

Buy
Build
Neighbourhood
Splash
CAS
In apartment life I also had to delete MISC.

This stops music from playing in all the modes listed above (splash being loading screens)
It didn't work at first, after I deleted all the build/buy music, the music from neighbourhood took its place. Weird.
But after deleting ALL of those I am now free from the music that was forced upon the game.
Its awesome in neighbourhood view when all you can hear is the cars, the wind and the rain.

Of course in your case you might want to just delete the Splash files.
When you load a new lot the music will be gone also.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 12:33:05 pm by tizerist » Logged
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 04:27:06 pm »

That's a great tip, thanks Smiley The other music you've described tend to get intermingled during those situations; neighbourhood music plays in CAS, buy music plays in neighbourhood, etc. That's only with the newest EPs though, I gather.

While we're talking about loading - is there any way to get rid of those annoying videos that play every single time a pre-made neighbourhood is loaded? I know what Strangetown looks like already, I don't need a "helicopter tour" every time I want to play it... :x

No requests please
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 12:52:48 am »

I have stopped the music in the n-hood, buy, build, and loading a lot. But I will look into what you have suggested and see if it works.

Thanks so much for the suggestion. Wink

tizerist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 07:36:12 am »

Quote from: Sadie79;1410542
- is there any way to get rid of those annoying videos that play every single time a pre-made neighbourhood is loaded? I know what Strangetown looks like already, I don't need a "helicopter tour" every time I want to play it... :x

This doesn't happen for me because I use gunmod's camera hack (v3.1?).
I don't think I could play without it.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 05:35:59 pm »

I use that too, but that doesn't make a difference. Do you play Maxis hoods at all? It doesn't play on custom hoods, which leads me to suspect a movie of some kind is being played, but I can't find any file that looks like it could be the culprit :dontknow:

No requests please
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 07:05:09 pm »

Sadie all you have to do is disable the neighborhood camera drift option Smiley

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 05:13:49 am »

Thank you both for helping, but I think you're misunderstanding my problem. It sounds like you think I'm referring to the way the camera 'drifts' when idle after the neighbourhood's loaded, but I'm not.

I'm talking about the pre-made neighbourhoods like Strangetown and Pleasantview. In the hood chooser, with these hoods you have a preview movie playing in the thumbnail instead of a picture, which is played courtesy of a .reia file in the hood folder located in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods. This same movie plays after the hood's loaded, but before you get to choose a lot to play, and deleting the .reia doesn't fix that (I've checked).

I've just noticed those files exist in the corresponding folders in program files too, so I'm hoping deleting those will work. I don't mind so much when I'm just playing, but when trying to do a photo shoot it gets annoying ¬_¬

ETA: It doesn't work. Any ideas? :?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 05:52:38 am by Sadie79 » Logged

No requests please
gamblor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 08:07:16 pm »

I get it Saidie 79 after the loading screen is done entering Pleasantville or Strangetown there’s a short movie clip of the camera drifting into the hood before it loads up the neighborhood it self. Yeah I would like that to be removed too if that’s what your talking about.

I was able to stop the Sims videos showing every time you start the game which goes strait to the loading screen showing Apartment life. Saves a ton of time waiting to play the game.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 08:58:53 pm »

ok Sadie now I know what you mean Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: