Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:54:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Silent Startup & Loading Game.  (Read 6867 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2008, 12:30:52 am »

Quote from: gamblor;1414979
I get it Saidie 79 after the loading screen is done entering Pleasantville or Strangetown there’s a short movie clip of the camera drifting into the hood before it loads up the neighborhood it self. Yeah I would like that to be removed too if that’s what your talking about.

I was able to stop the Sims videos showing every time you start the game which goes strait to the loading screen showing Apartment life. Saves a ton of time waiting to play the game.

That's exactly what I'm on about Smiley The movies right at the start are an easy one - just delete from the Movies folder; I have to do that every time I need to reinstall :roll: Wish it was that easy with these other ones though :scratch:

As for the silent loading, you need to delete every splash.package from Program Files; base game right through the SPs and EPs you have x_x Otherwise it just plays the music from whichever one you've missed - found that out the hard way.

No requests please
tizerist

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 06:29:21 pm »

I mainly use maxis hoods, and never have gotten the in-hood fly-by intro since I have put Gunmod's Camera Hack in. So I am quite surprised that you still get the fly-by.

In actual fact I would love to have it back!:sad4:
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2008, 05:52:31 pm »

Hrm, that's interesting.

Fancy a swap? My camera files for yours Wink

No requests please
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 06:46:15 pm »

I do get the fly by in Maxis 'hoods and have Gunmod's camera mod installed. BUT I am not bothered by that as long as I don't have to see the craptastic movie intro every time I start up the game. That I already disabled. I like speedy startups and loathe junk from the second I clicked on the icon to start up the game to the neighborhood screen.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2008, 09:48:27 am »

I just turned the music of with the in-game settings thingy. Now I can listen to my radio while building a house and loading the game etc, without the extremely annoying music.
Sadie, if you press a key those movies will quit, like the movie that loads when starting the game.
I use my space bar a lot. Tongue

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: