Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 01:18:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Custom Conten Isn't Showing Up In Game  (Read 3579 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Music_Is_Life

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2008, 03:00:16 pm »

I just got Freetime and after installing it and eagerly beginning to play I noticed something was different about the lot I was playing in. All the custom content objects weren't in the game. So, I closed the game and restarted it. When it got to the loading screen and the box with the list of custom content showed up I made sure it was enabled, and then went to options while in the neighborhood I was playing and made sure the button saying 'Custom Content Shows Up In Catalogs' was checked. I restarted the game once again (which was very annoying - it takes forever to load) and the custom content still isn't showing up. All that's showing up is what my Sims were wearing before I installed Freetime and their genetics and the custom walls/floors. I've been looking through search engines for the past hour and a half to figure out what to do and I've done everything that's been suggested.

I'm at my wits end - From what I've seen this is a really cool expansion pack and I want to be able to play it with all my custom content because it makes my life easier. Has anyone on here had and fixed this problem?
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 03:25:58 pm »

Did you install the FreeTime patch?

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Music_Is_Life

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 03:43:41 pm »

I'm hesitant about installing the patch because I've read that in some cases it can cause a lot of problems with other various programs due to the software it's on and that a lot of people seem to be having problems with it.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 03:54:45 pm »

I installed it without any problems & if you don't install it don't use the sewing machine or you will have trouble installing the patch Smiley

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Music_Is_Life

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 04:05:43 pm »

I managed to fix it, but it involved a lot of starting the game, quitting the game and restarting the computer. I just hope it doesn't happen with the next expansion pack I install (it took a long time and I'm impatient).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: