Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 12:25:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shoe Creation...Help Please!  (Read 2444 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nappyme

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2008, 06:26:29 am »

Hi all....Ecspecially you shoe meshers out there. How do you go about creating a shoe. I know Al has a bunch that can be attached, but I would like to try for myself. I'm using MS3d. Is it possible to create a shoe from a background photo in MS? If so how? And yes I have meshed before, it's just this is one thing that's really nagging me. I'm not going to be satisfied until I create my first shoe....So ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated (sp?) Thanks!!!

***Requests taken for MAXIS conversions ONLY!!***<br /><br />I have The Sims 2 plus ALL Expansion Packs!!!
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 03:28:15 pm »

yup, right click in a viewport and choose use background image
you have to fiddle a bit with the scaling and offset

If you finally found out, you definatly can use this tutorial by DR Pixel, it about uvmapping your new shoe.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=145153

* backgroundpicture.jpg (371.04 KB, 800x640 - viewed 254 times.)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 03:39:46 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
nappyme

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 06:30:03 pm »

Thanks Bloom, I'll give that a try!!!

***Requests taken for MAXIS conversions ONLY!!***<br /><br />I have The Sims 2 plus ALL Expansion Packs!!!
nappyme

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 05:54:50 am »

Morning all, it's me yet again with another question. I'm about finished with my shoes. I know the size for the adult model uses...1.064 or something like that. My question is will scaling the shoe to adult size take care of the width of the shoe? (2nd question) How do I go about attaching a foot? It seem everytime I try to import a model it becomes really really tiny. Thanks in advance!!!

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 01:30:07 pm »

Quote from: nappyme;1418586
Morning all, it's me yet again with another question. I'm about finished with my shoes. I know the size for the adult model uses...1.064 or something like that. My question is will scaling the shoe to adult size take care of the width of the shoe? (2nd question) How do I go about attaching a foot? It seem everytime I try to import a model it becomes really really tiny. Thanks in advance!!!

scaling from teen to adult or vice versa is done with the scaling options set to Origin not Center of mass.
Scaling all axis ar the same time will give you the correct heigth/width and length.

I have no clue wat you mean by the 2nd question.......
If you want to import a sexy feet group go here:
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=53052

No longer active
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: