Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:49:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Empty lots won't load?  (Read 3869 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
downunder2006

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2008, 03:10:12 am »

I want to build  community and Residential lots,but when i place an empty lot down it won't load, it takes at least 20 mins and nothing happens,and my game mind you has not even crashed,then i have to basically use the three finger salute to get out of the game.

I re entered and tried both community and residential but the empty lots still won't load.

Please your kind help is needed here as i am getting realy frustrated trying to work this out?

Also glitches i have found in my game so far.

I cannot use the helecopter the icon Vanishes and no actions are avalible!

Sims are unable to walk to lots, also the icon Vanishes and no actions available!

witches cannot fly to lots. No actions available!

And jump bug found in more Romantic double bed Followed by icon Vanishing  and no actions available.

At the moment my game is Hack free, with hardly any custom content installed,and my system more than meets the specks.
I thought it would be wise to give you this info just in case you ask me for it.
and  eps installed are  base, NL, UNI, OFB,and AL. H&M fashion SP

CPU-Intel C2D E6550@ 2.8Ghz 1333fsb
M/B-GA-G31-S2LM mATX
RAM-4Gig 2x2Gig XMS26400/800 -5-5-5-18
CPU-HSF ArticFreezer7Pro
GPU- XFX GF7600GT 256 XXX edition
PSU- Vantec Ion2 550W v2.3

Any help on these issues will be gratefully appreciated :happy8:
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 05:23:01 am »

Once you remove all of your CC so it's just plain EA, will your lots load then?
downunder2006

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 09:43:11 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1412512
Once you remove all of your CC so it's just plain EA, will your lots load then?

I have tried with and without custom content, and still the empty blank lots won't load.

But if i play households with family's or apartments already in the game, they load fine with the CC installed, and i am able to use CC no problem.

The CC in my game is mostly for OFB or H&M stuff and as stated it all works fine, it has been tested by the creators, and they say it has been tested and works with AL :smile:

Even if i had CC installed, it shouldn't affect a blank empty lot from loading,as i am only putting down a blank lot!!

So basically I am stuck at trying to figure this one out.?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 09:49:23 am by downunder2006 » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 11:18:58 am »

I suggested no downloads because lot downloads could have put hacks on your computer that you weren't aware of.  If the empty lot load fine without the Downloads folder, that would suggest one of those stealth hacks as being the problem.

Actually the glitches you describe, along with you saying you have a hack free game, indicate you do in fact have stealth hacks.  Use Clean Installer to scan your Downloads folder, sort on Type, and look for files with 32 character long file names and no type.  If you highlight those and get either a preview image or information that identifies what it is, that file is okay.  But any of those files that you can't identify should be removed from your game, either disabled, relocated, or deleted.

Take a look at the SavedSims folder also.  There could be something there.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 11:23:29 am by ancienthighway » Logged
downunder2006

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 11:49:08 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1412798
I suggested no downloads because lot downloads could have put hacks on your computer that you weren't aware of.  If the empty lot load fine without the Downloads folder, that would suggest one of those stealth hacks as being the problem.

Actually the glitches you describe, along with you saying you have a hack free game, indicate you do in fact have stealth hacks.  Use Clean Installer to scan your Downloads folder, sort on Type, and look for files with 32 character long file names and no type.  If you highlight those and get either a preview image or information that identifies what it is, that file is okay.  But any of those files that you can't identify should be removed from your game, either disabled, relocated, or deleted.

Take a look at the SavedSims folder also.  There could be something there.

Thank you for the info,

I will give what you suggested a try, and get back to you soon with the results.

Hopefully this works!!
downunder2006

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 05:01:20 pm »

ancienthighway Hi, I did all the above,went back into the game and placed another empty lot same thing lot did not load.
So in the end I moved my downloads folder to another drive and placed another new empty lot,same thing again it made no difference what i tried.

And the other problems I mentioned happened with a full clean install.
No hacks or CC were installed in the game at that time,as when ever a new Ep comes out I don't install any CC or Hacks in my game, until i know for sure they have been thoroughly tested.
And if  not, well i don't bother with them.

I am sorry if i sound rude in any way about this issue, but i am only being straight forward, I really do appreciate any help from you or anyone else, that knows what it might be!!

This is really frustrating me,as I have this feeling that I have to reinstall totally from scratch again?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 05:55:03 pm »

My only other thought is you may have used a program that modifies some of the files in the Program Files folder, such as Scriptorium (I think thats the name) that allows custom modular stairs and the like.  I don't know if that could cause this problem though if you don't have the objects that required the text files to be modified.

If that's not the case, save whatever you want to have saved, then uninstall and reinstall your latest EP.
downunder2006

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 07:28:23 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1413303
My only other thought is you may have used a program that modifies some of the files in the Program Files folder, such as Scriptorium (I think thats the name) that allows custom modular stairs and the like.  I don't know if that could cause this problem though if you don't have the objects that required the text files to be modified.

If that's not the case, save whatever you want to have saved, then uninstall and reinstall your latest EP.

Thanks ancienthighway  for reminding me on the Scriptorium.

Yes that could be the problem here as I do have it installed:tongue8:I don't think it has been updated yet?

If this fails then I definitely will have to uninstall and reinstall AL , being the last resort.

I will let you know if this fixes the problem.Thank you.:happy8:
downunder2006

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 10:26:26 pm »

ancienthighway I removed the scriptorium, and instead did a full clean reinstall of all my EPs and patches (except AL PATCH) and SP and it worked, my empty lots now load.

Thank you so much, for your Support and kindness on working this out for me:worship:

Nightmare over hopefully. LOL

Problem solved,This thread can now be closed!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 10:55:39 pm »

Did things load properly after removing Scriptorium, or was it the same?  Just curious, because if Scriptorium was the problem, Numenor should probably be told.
downunder2006

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 11:27:29 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1413699
Did things load properly after removing Scriptorium, or was it the same?  Just curious, because if Scriptorium was the problem, Numenor should probably be told.

I uninstalled AL and then reinstalled AL,with the Scriptorium still there and it didn't work.

So then i decided to do a total uninstall and reinstall of EPs.

(AS per last post) without Scriptorium installed and all is working fine.

So maybe it might be advisable to inform Numenor with this matter.

Could you please do that if that's ok.:happy8:

Much appreciated thank you again for your help in this matter.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 12:13:53 am »

Were you using the AL version of Scriptorium?  If not that was the problem.  If so, you should probably post on that thread telling him specifically what happened.  From looking at the threads for AGS, BGS, and CEP, he'll want you to do specific things to narrow down the problem.
downunder2006

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 01:07:28 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1413778
Were you using the AL version of Scriptorium?  If not that was the problem.  If so, you should probably post on that thread telling him specifically what happened.  From looking at the threads for AGS, BGS, and CEP, he'll want you to do specific things to narrow down the problem.

Yes it was the AL Scriptorium, Numenor_379694_Scriptorium_Setup.zip

But what happens now as I removed it from my game,and reinstalled Game without the Scriptorium?

I have not used that program but am aware of it,AGS, BGS.!

And I also had to remove the Lighting GUN MOD Package and revert it back to sims2, as the lighting had dark shadows and same with the sims!

But I will go through my backups to see if i still have the game files, if any info is needed from that.

This is about all I can do for now!!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 02:35:39 pm by downunder2006 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: