Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:38:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: i need urgent help  (Read 1800 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
icinngtiara

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2008, 03:32:30 pm »

Okay so in contest people take headshots but I can't zoom in far enough. Is there something special I have to download or a cheat? Plz help.
Raven41858

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 04:09:54 pm »

Go to MTS2 for Gunmods camera.
erica_jean698

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 04:24:23 pm »

I don't think Gunmods camera works for apartment life.  

What you need to do is to learn to use the in game camera.

1. Set your in-game Camera settings (for those of you who don't use Print Screen or any of the other programs like that)
Once you get into your game, you will see a little camera icon. There is where you adjudst your image settings. Set everything to the best sounding choices! We want high quality, large pictures. Pick those settings.

2. Free Camera AKA Camera Man mode
Now, PLEASE make sure you never take pictures in "buy mode" always just pause your game. We'll get into a few tricks soon. To activate Free Camera press TAB. Then the controls are: Q down, W forward, E up, A left, S backup, D right, Z zoom, X unzoom. To leave camera mode simply press TAB again. You may have to readjust your game cam, but it's worth it. I promise.

3. There are three cheats every person who wishes to show pics should know.
boolProp snapobjectstogrid false - this allows you to scoot stuff off the grid lines! Be sure to make this "true" when you are building and done playing.
moveobjects on - This allows you to move objects (like sims) that you couldn't generally move before. Very useful. Please make sure to turn it off when you are building or done playing.
slowmotion 5 (or any value between 0 - Regular speed is 0, so pretty darn slow is 5. This will help you to capture the perfect moment. Please make sure to set back to 0 when you get sick of seeing your sims moving at snail's pace!

(1st) Picture Perfect (2nd) The Amazing Race (3rd) Model Swap
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 10:02:31 am »

You can also use the mouse and your Control button.

Just press down control while pulling your mouse back so the camera comes down to their level. Then let go of the control button and push mouse forward to get a closer shot at their heads. That's what I do. Then just adjust using both if needed.

All the cheats that erica just gave you above - I use those, too (except the slowmotion), and they work great. In fact, every time I open up a lot, snap objects, move objects and allow45 cheats are the first thing I enter before I play.

Tip: Also - you might want to check into other things to help your sims pose for pics like the "Hula" hack (I use this all the time; and also what I'm pretty sure beosboxboy used to get the "crazy" look for one of his pics):

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=9544&highlight=hula+hack

Also - some great movie making poses:

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Content_List/Hacks_and_Hacked_Objects/Pictures%2C_Movies%2C_Stories%2C_and_Poses

Hope this helps you.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 10:04:46 am by kinnika » Logged

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 03:41:38 pm »

two useful tips:

I figured out yesterday that in the free cam mode, you can get even closer and further down to the ground (outside, or without foundation under the house) if you use the + button on the keyboard. It has always annoyed me that I couldn't get close enough to toddlers on the ground (without the camera mod) - but now I know how Cheesy

also, when taking pics in buy mode, click on the recolor tool (or use the shortcut R on the keyboard) before going into free cam mode. This takes away the gridlines fast and easy Smiley
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 03:45:07 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: