Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 10:20:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This laptop good for sim 2 and sims 3?  (Read 3042 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2008, 02:14:29 pm »

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.204-6256.aspx

decided i should get one. its easier to transport and I can play it wherever.
Its in my budget of 350.
will it cope with the sims,downloads,other pc games?
I play alot of the ubisoft pippa funnell games.
Will it cope with the sims 3?
Im going to buy it friday if its good my current computer is messing about now.
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 03:20:26 pm »

Should be ok for Sims 2, don't know about Sims 3 though.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 05:45:27 pm »

Not so sure about the graphics card, as it's an onboard/integrated model.  Even though it has a good amount of shared memory, the laptop will have Vista on it, and that OS is known to be a major resource hog.  I think I saw somewhere that whatever the minimum requirements for XP was, Vista needs double the amount... (I could be wrong though.)  

And that's just with Sims 2.  :?

Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 07:17:26 pm »

Yes, Vista uses 1gb of RAM when it is only idling at the desktop. I would recommend 3gb or more for Vista gaming.  

I strongly suggest you buy a desktop for any type of modern gaming. Laptops are more expensive and do not provide as much power as a good desktop will. Though the laptop you selected is a decent system and will run the Sims 2 fine. You may need to raise your budget to get a decent graphics card though.

The specs are not out for the Sims 3 yet. I would wait until EA releases them before you buy a new system.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 07:23:14 pm by Jasumi » Logged

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 07:41:04 pm »

As far as the laptop goes, would think that if just using the base game, you'd be all right, though watching for heat build up would be recommended (as with most any non-ultra high-end laptop), as would triple-checking that nothing else that is not absolutely essential is running in the background.

Once adding EPs into the mix, you'd be further pushing against the limits of both the graphics chip and of the processor and would be courting experiencing problems down the line as the system is stressed to and perhaps beyond its capabilities.

Frankly, checking in the fine print (or by e-mail or phone) as to whether there is an option to have it shipped with XP instead of Vista (not sure about Acer, but some other companies, though they don't openly advertise it, still offer that option) would be my suggestion.

As far as Sims3 goes, the final specs aren't available, but a hunch (and it is just that, a hunch) would be that, optimistically, the laptop would be at or near the very bottom end of the spectrum of recommended system specs.
emoscenesk8r

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 09:01:34 pm »

Oh...no wonder my laptop keeps breaking downn hehe aww that means i cant ever play sims 2! but my friend has a laptop and she has sims 2 and that is working OKAY. not perfect but its still fine. but i only had my laptop for like a year and its broken down about 2 times now and my friend's has never broken down and hse had it for 2 years. after my laptp broke down once, somehow the comp fixing dude changed it to vista sooo im not quite sure if i wanna download sims 2 again. ive been quite jealous of everyone playing it though -____-  yea...hehe dont mind me just telling you of my laptop and sims 2 experience.

Adorkable = (noun/adj) an adorable dork:smt106
Come join the rpg Every rose has its thorn!
My name's Bailey!
Hey! Come check out MY SIMS!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 10:39:53 pm »

All hope isn't lost... I mean, Sims 2 will probably still run on that laptop... just not as well as it's supposed to.  Wink

Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 03:31:55 am »

I have an older model Acer Aspire than the one you mentioned and it runs Sims okay, but that's without turning up graphics and such - it's on whatever the default settings are.
The Acer I have is XP, so as the others said that might be the way to go if you want the Acer laptop. The graphics card on mine isn't as good as that one, it's an Intel Media accelerator I think so it would at least run Sims 2 adequately I'd think.
pokose7en

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 04:12:34 am »

I play TS2 on my laptop, all Eps installed, and it works well.
(And I believe it will be better if I use Xp, since Vista requires a lot of resources; ram, HDD, etc.)
(I'm using IBM)
1.6 GHz, 4 GB ram, Nvidia Gforce 512 MB (share 256 MB) with Vista
emoscenesk8r

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 06:10:32 pm »

soooo my laptop would do well with sims 2? i think im going to try again but i hope it doesnt break down again, cuz id get in soo much trouble. ill just limit my downloading i guess. xD but i like making sims 2 series and movies ...-_____-
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 06:17:53 pm by emoscenesk8r » Logged

Adorkable = (noun/adj) an adorable dork:smt106
Come join the rpg Every rose has its thorn!
My name's Bailey!
Hey! Come check out MY SIMS!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: