Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 10:43:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Three problems I am having: Babies/Wants, Showerproof/skins, and Neighborhood Bin  (Read 1836 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Reluctantly Human

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2008, 03:51:33 am »

Only the first one is really a problem, but I figured one post is better than three.

1. Just reinstalled the game. Installed all of the expansions, all of the stuff packs I have, and THEN installed my old custom content. I've been replaying my old families, and have not had many problems, but for two.

1.a) My Sims don't seem to be able to get pregnant. I have the latest (I think) version of Insimenator, and the option for pregnancy/twins is there, but I don't hear the sound. I've never used this program to try and get a pregnancy I don't believe, so maybe there is no sound/confirmation? But the first family I tried it on, I waited about 24 ingame hours, and the wife doesn't seem to be showing or anything. Both families I've tried this with have three individuals in their households, though one does also have a cat, and both of the couples are married Adults, though they are 'close' to becoming Elders (4 days at the closest, but I changed the other family to be 6 days from elder, and it still doesn't seem to work).

1.b) Amongst these same two families (the only one's I've noticed it in so far), sometimes their Wants don't refresh. They'll spin like a roulette wheel, but will end on the same Wants over and over. This is still true when using the Insimenator's 'refresh wants' feature. I have not tried changing their Aspiration yet, but was not sure if this sounded familiar to anyone.

In response to these problems I ran the hack conflict detecting tool from Paladin's Place, and cleaned moved the conflicting mods, but all of the conflicts were instances of multiple copies of the same mod in different subfolders. I have NOT use EasyInstaller to check for other hacks, but again I'd use some advice if anyone knows a likely culprit.

2. Could someone explain for me again, or show me a link, that explains EXACTLY how showerproof skins work? I've got two Sims who I downloaded from either this site or InSim, and at first they changed into 'mesh-appropriate' versions of their work outfit, or naked 'skin', but they no longer do that. Is there an easy way to change them back?

3. I did briefly play the game without my LATEST save games, but with some from last December. I wanted to check out Belladonna Cove just to see how it was, and noticed the Sim Bin was filled with a bunch of new families (the only ones I remember are the Orphans). When I reinstalled all of my more recent saves, they disappeared. I normally play in PLeasentview, but I double checked in Belladonna, and they are gone there as well. Is there any easy way to get them back?

Sorry for the harried nature of this post, but it's almost 5 AM, and my boyfriend is going to be pissed if he realizes how late I stayed up playing.

Thanks for any help that might forthcome.
-KEvin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: