Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 05:24:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Phone Line Controller Error  (Read 6698 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
normadesmond123

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2008, 01:24:17 pm »

This error is driving me crazy.  I've searched my very large downloads folder many times and can't seem to find the file that is causing this problem.  I've searched 'phone', 'controller' and finally 'phone line controller'.  I removed the insimenator and inteen - didn't fix it.

Does any one know what is causing this error?  I know it's the phone line controller just can't pin point the file that's causing it.

I'm attaching the two error logs that occur.  One from the phone itself when I load a lot and one from when my sims clicks on the phone.

Also, some pic's for you guys that like visuals:

* ObjectError_E001_t1160.txt (186.26 KB - downloaded 203 times.)
* ObjectError_E001_t1279.txt (203.68 KB - downloaded 193 times.)
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 01:51:41 pm »

Remove pescados phone hack that is causing the error Smiley

If you have a question about my mods post it here
jlw484

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 02:53:58 pm »

Also, make sure you don't reinstall Inteen yet.  It hasn't been updated for AL yet and can cause some nasty little annoyances.
normadesmond123

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 05:27:19 pm »

Quote from: Squinge;1416614
Remove pescados phone hack that is causing the error Smiley

That's the first thing I did when I started getting the error was to remove the phone hack.  Then I restarted my game and kept getting the error.  The file was titled 'phonehack'.  Is that pescado's phone hack?  Or is it called something else?  Are there more files associated with it than just the 'phonehack' file?  Seriously going nuts ... Smiley
jlw484

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 06:02:09 pm »

Quote from: normadesmond123;1417981
That's the first thing I did when I started getting the error was to remove the phone hack.  Then I restarted my game and kept getting the error.  The file was titled 'phonehack'.  Is that pescado's phone hack?  Or is it called something else?  Are there more files associated with it than just the 'phonehack' file?  Seriously going nuts ... Smiley

Best way to find out is to download Pescado's phone hack (the same one you had installed) and see what all comes with it.  There may be additional packages that come with it.
normadesmond123

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 06:13:29 pm »

Quote from: jlw484;1418042
Best way to find out is to download Pescado's phone hack (the same one you had installed) and see what all comes with it.  There may be additional packages that come with it.

Thanks, yeah that's just what I tried to do.  I just can't remember where I got it from.  I'll hunt around some more.

Also, could any other hack or file be causing this error as well?
jlw484

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 06:28:19 pm »

The hack is here.  As for any other mods that might be causing it ... I don't know anything about that kind of stuff. :smile:
normadesmond123

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 07:00:27 pm »

Quote from: jlw484;1418075
The hack is here.  As for any other mods that might be causing it ... I don't know anything about that kind of stuff. :smile:

That's exactly where I was and I did delete the right file the first time.  

This is sooo annoying.  

The file is totally gone from my downloads folder.  But whenever I click on the phone the error still appears.  I tried buying a new phone, same problem and going to different lots ... still the error.

Is anyone else experiencing this error as well?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 03:32:24 am »

You may have one from a downloaded lot.  Use Clean Installer to find the files with no type and filenames of 32 characters, move, disable, or delete those.
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 09:37:11 am »

Or use clean installer to go trough your downloads, all hacks/mods will be marked with red.

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
normadesmond123

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 11:08:09 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1418516
You may have one from a downloaded lot.  Use Clean Installer to find the files with no type and filenames of 32 characters, move, disable, or delete those.

Yep, that's exactly what I did.  I have over 17,000 files in my downloads folder ... ug.  I slowly discovered that the problem was in the files with the names A-E.  So I removed all the long lettered files from A-E - this took some time ... 783 files removed to be exact.

Anyway, problem fixed.  Finally.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: