Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 04:02:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what CC items you can't live without  (Read 5999 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
adalita

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2008, 05:58:52 am »

I deleted my CC and I was wondering what CC items you can't live without in your game.
Any ideas where to start?

3rd place in Siblings-Love Or Hate Contest with Alyssa and Aimee Sacchi!
1st place in A Family Christmas with The Pearcy Family
Adalita's SIMS Come and check out my sims and their houses!
Check out my work in Living Sims Magazine HERE
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 12:36:21 pm »

*most of the hacks/mods I've got (especially insim)
*loads of hair downloads (I really need to clean out those I don't use soon)
*loads of clothing downloads (these too need a clean up - but there's so many that I dunno where to start)
*animation/pose boxes (essential for storytelling)
*child/toddler/baby related downloads (since I play with them a lot)

there's loads more - but I've noticed that if I'm testing my own CC, I always end upplaying around a little with the test family, and I go bananas if I've left out some of the things from the list (except clothes/hair - it's impractical to keep that in when testing stuff, since I've got around 3GB of that... takes ages to load...)

my best tip: only download things you know you're going to use. I'm better with this now than before - but I still have some troubles turning away from clothing/hair downloads... Cheesy

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
cuddles

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 12:58:48 pm »

I have lots of CC for almost every category but what I couldn’t live without are game mods.

ACR (twojeff - Simbology) would be on the top of my list.
The insim of course.
slower hygiene decay mod (I don’t like that my sims lives seem to revolve around peeing and bathing…)
My vampire hacks (bites satisfies hunger, bite that kills sim etc)
Gardening mods, like talk to many plants (I have a medieval hood, lots of gardening going on there lol)
Visitor controller (on any community/downtown lot etc, I always ban all the townies, can’t stand them)
Most business hack mods from Paladin’s Place

On second thought, I should still mention that I can't stand to play with Eaxis clothing and hair...*shudders*  I just wouldn't like my sims as much without CC.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 01:02:00 pm by cuddles » Logged

If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing slowly . . . very slowly - Gypsy Rose Lee
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 07:01:50 pm »

All of Pescado's hacks..the Lot debugger, etc..Insimenator, and a few dozen others..but one that isn't a hack but brings a lot of pleasure to the sims is the football table that is over at MTS. I use it in nearly every single house.

MizbubblyNg

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 12:01:31 pm »

I love hacked objects and i love to make&own shops.
So i have to have the fruit/veggie and fish packing stations from http://www.simwardrobe.com ,the lovely potions(that can be sold)from http://www.parsimonious.org. I also love new foods in my game,so i want lots and lots.
And off course many different clothing-many undergarnments cause the game only has granny ones,hair and makeup just to beautify my simmies;)
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 01:10:44 pm »

hmm...I can't live without Insim of course first download when I restart my cc.  Skintone defaults, eye defaults, hair lots of it.  Clothes comes secondary imo as long as your sim skintone and features are not maxis they look good even in some maxis clothes imo.

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 10:18:06 pm »

I have too many clothes and skins, but don't want to part with them. I am into the different bodyshapes here @ INSIM, so I have clothes for them. I don't use Maxis clothing too much, only like about 3 teen, 4 AF, 4 AM, none of the toddler clothes, so I have alot of clothing for every imaginable situation and personality types. Must have hair and eyes, instead of the dead flat stuff in the game.

CC and mods I have to play with:
ACR by twojeffs
"No Whats This" by Pescado @ MATY
Monique's computer
An assortment of Squinge Mods
Rio bodyshape and clothes
Alot of "no autonomy" mods
1-tile pet beds by SimWardrobe
Christianlov's mods and most definitely "Easy Computer"

I think that's it. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
chilislavecutie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 09:57:04 am »

I could live without my hair, makeup, clothing CC, but I couldn't play with out insim and inteen.

"You hold the answers deep within your own mind.
Consciously, you've forgotten it.
That's the way the human mind works.
Whenever something is too unpleasant, too shameful for us
to entertain, we reject it.
We erase it from our memories.
But the imprint is always there."
zilzos

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 05:22:48 am »

My inSim of course

and have tons of cool furniture, hair and clothes

total cc in my game at minute is 7.33gb **is totally embarrassed**

am trying to clear out tho
winterglow

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 11:47:17 am »

I can't live without.... all my downloads! I haven't superfluous items in my folder ^^''

but perhaps...skintones and eyes yep I can't live without custom  skintones and eyes!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 11:51:09 am by winterglow » Logged

Koji Tamaki \(^o^)/
Yong Yun Bae  \(*O*)/
Peony07

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 08:48:46 pm »

Hi, There are sooo many it'd be hard to choose, lol. If I had to list, it's mostly my build objects. ha I can't live without Windkeeper's windows/doors, just about everything made by Spaik and Shakeshaft too!

Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 07:23:24 am »

Hard to choose from so many but one of the most vital ones is definitely SimCutie's Power Espresso. I absolutely wouldn't want to play without it.:smile:

Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 05:37:21 am »

I can't live without,

Insim
ACR (by TwoJeffs)
Romancemod (by Pescado)
Asian skins and genetics (especially those by Enayla)
Custom male hair & clothes

All the above are absolutely Must. Strip them off me and I won't play anymore.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
heartless

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 03:21:34 am »

1. the insimenater. i tried to live without it for a while, but it wasn't pleasant.
2. a lot of custom hair and skins and eyes. i don't usually put a lot of makeup on my own sims, since the skins (particularly enayla's) are so lovely on their own.
3. a decent selection of custom clothing. most of the maxis clothes are either boring or bizarrely immodest (like, a shirt that would look normal on a soccer mom sim if it weren't for the belly hanging out...!), and also not really any specific style (like goth or lolita or bohemian).
4. hmmm... grungy wallpapers and furniture from garden of shadows. it makes my victorian mansions so much more realistic. i mean, what self-respecting vampire is going to live in a bright pink room?

that's about it. :-P
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 03:45:42 am »

Well, naturally, InSIM. The few hacks/mods by the wise and wonderful Mr. Squing-e.

The BodyBuild and SlimBodyBuilder stuff. This site has spoiled me rotten. I can't play a "normal" looking Sim anymore. They look too skinny.

Kitchen and bedroom sets.

The houses and coffee house built for me by, Andrewplay 599.

The object made for me by, Rebecah.

The Sims created for me by, DancesWithWands.

A Sim that Capricorne created, Charles.

I made 42 copies of that stuff listed, so I'll always have it/them.

I think that's it. SHEESH! What a list.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: